Salads and Salad Dressings
fatsecret members overall average rating
Greens & Beets with Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
This fresh and zippy salad dressing brings out the sweetness in the roasted beets and oranges while making the salad greens sing with bright flavor.
- Wash beets and wrap in foil. Place in 400 °F (200 °C) oven for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until knife slides easily into beets.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle. Remove skin and slice thinly; set aside.
- Spread greens onto platter and sprinkle with red onions then top with beets.
- With a chef’s knife and using a sawing motion cut skin and white pith from oranges and cut between membranes to make segments.
- Sprinkle over top of greens; set aside.
- For the orange poppy seed dressing; in a small bowl, whisk together oil, orange rind and juice, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic and poppy seeds. (Grating rather than crushing the garlic gives it smoother texture.)
- Drizzle over salad mixture and serve.
- Note: based on a recipe from the Heart and Stroke Foundation 2011.
34 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Review This Recipe
Do you think this recipe is good for Medifast
Sign in to review this recipe
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Medifast