fatsecret members overall average rating
An incredibly hearty low-calorie vegetable stew that's great alone, on whole wheat pasta or folded into an omelet.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Slice onions thinly and add to skillet. Cook about 4 minutes, or until onions start to become soft. Seed and dice bell peppers, about 1/4 inch or to your liking. Add to onions and cook 4 minutes.
- Dice zucchini and summer squash the same size as the bell pepper, add to the skillet and cook about 5 minutes.
- Dice eggplant and add-- you can peel or leave the skins on. Cook about 7 minutes. Dice garlic and add to the mix.
- Add diced tomatoes and tomato paste and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer on low about 40 minutes or until vegetables are soft and the mixture is slightly thickened. Slice basil into thin strips.
- Turn off the heat and mix basil into vegetable mixture. Enjoy.
- Note: this recipe is very versatile and does not need to be followed to a T. You may add most any vegetable you like that take well to the stewing method.
130 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Review This Recipe
Do you think this recipe is good for Medifast
Sign in to review this recipe
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Medifast