fatsecret members overall average rating
Fettuccini Alfredo Sauce
A creamy low carb sauce that changes depending on the meat used.
- Melt butter and block of cream cheese in sauce pan.
- Stir with whisk until melted add cream (amount determined by preferred thickness).
- Add garlic, put as much as you like in it.
- Add parmesan cheese to thicken.
- Boil a low carb pasta or use spaghetti squash or shiratake noodles while sauce simmers.
- Add any meat or seafood you want like shrimp, crab, scallops for a seafood fettuccini or ham, chicken.
- When pasta is finished, drain thoroughly and mix with sauce.
228 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
I love this Sauce! I used it on Shirtaki noodles and it turned out Lovely!. I did have to add a bit more cream to thin it out more after I added the parmasan cheese, but it really is yummy! Hats off to the Chef!!
06 Feb 11 by member: zMouseHeart
I make pretty much the same thing and use shirtaki noodles too (such lifesavers those things, I can't even tell the diff between them and real noodles!)
To make a single serv which is a perfect amt for Shirtaki Noodles:
4T Heavy Whipping Cream
I like to use this with chicken, broccoli and a little bit of onion and garlic. YUM.
Great with Fettuccine Shirataki AND Angel Hair.
03 Apr 12 by member: evalynnjade
Love this! So much better than any other kind I've had before
11 May 12 by member: tlegerski
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins