fatsecret members overall average rating
Vegan cabbage rolls with kidney beans.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Remove 8 outer cabbage leaves for rolls and blanch in boiling water and set aside.
- Chop or shred the remaining cabbage and put in bottom of crock pot. Chop vegetables while rice is cooking.
- When rice is finished, combine beans, rice, carrots, celery, chopped onion, garlic and 1/2 cup of marinara sauce. Add salt, pepper and basil to taste.
- Divide the mixture and place into 8 cabbage leaves, creating 8 rolls. Put any leftover mixture on top of the shredded cabbage.
- Mix remaining 3 cups marinara with raisins, lemon juice and brown sugar.
- Pour 1/2 of mixture over shredded cabbage in pot. Put rolls in pot, then pour remaining sauce over rolls.
- Cover and cook 4 hours on low heat.
187 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Paleo Diet