Sauces and Condiments
fatsecret members overall average rating
This versatile mushroom sauce makes a great flavor enhancer for simple grilled steaks and chops as well as for garlic dill meatballs.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat until the foam subsides. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken stock and heavy cream, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve immediately or store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- Makes about 1 cup.
142 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins