Salads and Salad Dressings
fatsecret members overall average rating
Creamy Avocado Mexican Chicken Salad
Avocado is the cream base in this salad, definitely not a heart clogger.
- Sprinkle the chicken with chili powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes.
- Using a light dusting of cooking spray, cook the chicken in spices until done. Keep the lid on the skillet to keep it tender.
- shred or cube the chicken.
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the pit. Scoop the insides of the avocado into a bowl with the chicken and stir it around to hold it all together.
- Add the diced tomatoes, onions, and green chilies and stir until all is well mixed.
- Add shredded cheddar to each serving.
- Serve as is or on a bed of lettuce or wrapped in lettuce.
- Note: the avocado is being used the same way mayonnaise would in a traditional chicken salad.
153 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
the avocado will you give you a good, healthy fat. the lettuce is a great alternative to bread. (i ate it just as a salad) The spicy taste of red pepper flakes (or jalapenos if you like) mixed with the cooling flavors of guacamole makes this perfect for any season.
29 Sep 08 by member: captainawesome
I finally made this today and thought it was pretty good. i did think it was a bit dry and i added some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. it was delicious on a wrap. thanks for sharing
30 Nov 08 by member: tryagain
I loved this as an alternative to mayo and regular sandwiches-had a great taste--and it passed the husband's taste test and that's pretty important :)
01 Oct 12 by member: Onthegojo2
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins