fatsecret members overall average rating
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Delicious gluten and dairy free cookies that are also high in fiber and protein and low in carbs.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- In a medium sized bowl, combine eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and salt. Once this is mixed, blend in the coconut flour. (Melt coconut oil and honey together in microwave first).
- Stir in shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- On parchment lined baking sheets, drop heaping tablespoons of cookie batter - they will not spread or rise.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
283 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Best Paleo cookies I've tried. I'm doing the Paleo diet and all items in this recipe are compliant. Not exactly a normal cookie but still really yummy with that sweetness I've been craving!
19 Nov 11 by member: haleyhill01
This recipe was a good idea but failed on so many levels. I have never worked with coconut flour before, but the dough was so crumbly you couldn't even scoop it on to the cookies sheet, and they tasted horrible. My husband said it was like eating chalk. The cost of the ingredients to is way out there. I think with a little reworking it would be an okay cookie but the way it is now. I am not ever making tham again.
16 Dec 11 by member: Skinny_soon
These cookies were very tasty but I also found them very crumbly. After doing some research on coconut flour, I found out that it is very dry and soaks up liquid like a sponge. I will try this recipe again but next time I will add some milk and see how that works.
24 Feb 13 by member: Curly Locks
too much sugar for me!
11 May 13 by member: yankgal46
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins