fatsecret members overall average rating
Chunky Potato French Fries
Chipped potatoes baked in their skins provides a low fat alternative to fries.
- Slice up unpeeled potatoes into half-moon shaped pieces and add to pan.
- Crumble 2 beef stock cubes onto potatoes and add water to cover.
- Simmer potatoes for about 10 minutes, until they start to soften, then drain.
- Place drained potatoes onto a baking tray and spray with sunflower oil (low calorie) or similar type spray. About 5 or 6 squirts should be enough to cover.
- Heat oven to 375° F (200° C) and bake for about 30 minutes, until golden, turning half way through.
- Tip: you can retain the liquid that the potatoes were boiled in to use as a basis for soup. I use to make a carrot and onion soup.
107 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fat Flush Plan