fatsecret members overall average rating
Chocolate Banana Souffles
These are little bowls of heaven, so creamy and rich.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (205° C). Coat 4, 6 oz ramekins with butter flavored cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas and vanilla together.
- Sift cornstarch and cocoa powder over bananas and stir well.
- In another medium bowl, beat egg whites with sugar until they form soft peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of egg whites into banana mixture. When incorporated, fold in the rest of the egg whites.
- Spoon mixture into ramekins. Wipe the top 1/4 inch “collar” of the ramekin to remove any excess batter so that the souffle will rise straight. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
264 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
This is my new favorite dessert... low cal, low fat and gluten and dairy free! Plus... it tastes SOOOOO GOOOOD!!!! Love it!
06 May 12 by member: evelyn64
I had mine along with some berries, it was soooo good! I am known by my friends for having the worst sweet tooth ever and these souffles totally give me my sugar/chocolate fix! I cant wait to make them again!
26 Jun 12 by member: rewuca
Tastes Terrible. I couldn't taste the chocolate at all? All I got was flour and a tiny, barely noticible hint of bananna :(
16 Mar 13 by member: Sophia97
Sophia97... there is no flour in the recipe... did you use flour instead of the cocoa?
25 Apr 13 by member: evelyn64
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Weight Watchers