Salads and Salad Dressings
fatsecret members overall average rating
Chickpea and Shallot Salad
A delicious Mediterranean flavored salad.
- Drain and rinse one can of chickpeas. Place in mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice 2 shallots and chop parsley. Add to chickpeas.
- Peel and grate the carrots. (Food processor does a nice job of this.) Add to chickpea mixture.
- Add vinegar and olive oil to mixture and mix well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
15 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Easy to make, filling, and the balsamic vinegar gives it a WOW!
02 Apr 09 by member: Jendypendy
This didn't taste right. I had to substitute onion for the shallots, sage for the parsley, and chicken breast for the chickpeas. Too much carrot, I think. Don't forget the salt.
15 Aug 12 by member: Trento
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fat Smash Diet