fatsecret members overall average rating
Cheesy Chicken Cordon Bleu
A great way to have tasty chicken cordon bleu with less fat and a more flavorful coating without adding an egg.
- Split the breast and pound each out very thin.
- Lay out pounded breasts side by side and spread the Dijon mustard evenly over each breast, coating heavily. Sprinkle with a dash of paprika, sea salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Fold up a slice of muenster cheese so it resembles a cheese stick, place towards one end of the breast. Do the same for both breast.
- Sprinkle each breast with the Italian cheese blend, concentrating slightly more atop the end of breast the muenster is on. Add dash of paprika, sea salt and pepper.
- Slowly roll up starting at end with muenster, tucking under and keeping cheese mixture inside. Spray each roll lightly with butter like spray.
- Combine remaining parmesan cheese, paprika, sea salt and pepper in a bowl; gently roll each butter sprayed, rolled up breast in parmesan mixture.
- Place gently into a lightly sprayed casserole baking dish.
- Bake at pre-heated 350 °F (175 °C) oven for about 25-35 minutes, depending on the thickness of the breast. Cook till juices run clear.
986 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins