fatsecret members overall average rating
Grated cauliflower instead of rice is both delicious and low carb.
- Grate the cauliflower using either the largest holes on a hand grater or with the grating blade in food processor. The results should almost resemble the size of cooked white rice.
- Heat oil to cover the bottom of a small skillet on medium-high.
- Quickly stir-fry the white of the onions and the garlic. Watch closely so as not to burn.
- Add the cauliflower; fry about 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly until it begins to color a bit. Don't overcook or it might get mushy.
- Stir in the soy sauce. Push the cauliflower to one side of the pan; pour in the beaten egg.
- Lightly scramble the egg briefly then mix into the cauliflower.
- Add the green onion tops and toss.
- Note: add some chicken and make it a meal!
1413 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Just made this last night. I added some leftover chicken to make it a meal. I fried the cauliflower until crispy...almost like crunchy hash browns. It was great. Next time I'll add some green peas and more veggies.
12 Jan 12 by member: inkycat
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of The South Beach Diet