fatsecret members overall average rating
Cabbage Rolls with Tomato Sauce
Healthy and delicious beef cabbage rolls with brown rice and tomato sauce.
- Brown ground sirloin with garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Add most of diced tomatoes and 1/4 can of tomato sauce after it's browned.
- Cook brown rice. Mix rice into cooked mixture above.
- Peel cabbage into 6 large leaves, or double the leaves up. Chop the leftover cabbage and cook in another dish alongside the cabbage rolls.
- Spoon mixture into leaves and secure with a toothpick in a 9x13" pan.
- Cook at 350 °F (175 °C) for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add the rest of the diced tomatoes on top and a little more sauce, and bake about 15 minutes more. Save about half can of sauce for serving and heat on stove.
- Serve cabbage rolls on top of bed of chopped cooked cabbage if desired, or eat alone. Pour remaining heated tomato sauce over everything.
- Note: also good over mashed potatoes.
207 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
Needed to be covered with sauce from the moment it wasn't heavy, nice dish.
07 May 11 by member: Liltun
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Mayo Clinic Plan