fatsecret members overall average rating
A wonderfully sized yummy soup to eat for a few days as quick meals or to enjoy with family.
- Put celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic into a large pot. Heat on medium heat to warm up.
- Add diced tomatoes (if you like use tomatoes with added green chilies or with garlic, basil and oregano). Also add vegetable broth.
- Add kidney and black beans. Continue heating soup on medium heat with occasional stirring.
- In a skillet, brown ground sirloin. Drain out any grease and then add meat to soup.
- Add sliced zucchini and squash. Continue cooking on medium heat with occasional stirring.
- Once soup comes to a hot temperature turn heat to low and let simmer covered until vegetables are to desired softness.
- Enjoy as soup or over brown rice.
- Note: without the sirloin makes a great tomato and bean soup for Fat Smash phase I, and the sirloin can be added for the later phases.
97 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fat Smash Diet