fatsecret members overall average rating
A lovely beef moussaka with eggplant that is simple to make and relatively low carb.
- Fry ground beef, onion powder and paprika in a pan. Set to one side.
- Slice eggplant into about six slices. Fry on both sides in oil.
- Line the bottom of a heat-resistant tin/pan with half the fried eggplant. Drain the meat, and spread over the eggplant. Cover with the remaining eggplant slices.
- Place the slices of tomato on top of the eggplant.
- Cover the pan and cook at 400 °F (200 °C) for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven. Uncover. Crack the eggs on top of the tomato. Try to keep the yolks from breaking.
- Return to oven, bake until eggs are done as preferred.
69 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of You: On a Diet