fatsecret members overall average rating
Beef and Vegetable Stuffed Peppers
Ground beef and vegetables make for excellent South Beach friendly stuffed peppers.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Mix the ground beef, onions and spices together in a bowl and divided into four balls.
- Cut the green peppers in half and clean.
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with vegetable juice, like V8. Use just enough to coat it.
- Add peppers to pan and pour just a little bit more of the vegetable juice to the inside of the pepper.
- Add to the pepper the ground beef "balls".
- Top each stuffed pepper with the crushed tomatoes.
- Pour the remainder of the vegetable juice over the stuffed peppers and cook for about 45 minutes.
93 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
probably a bit high on the carbs, but i omit tomatoes so that should bring it down a bit...?
18 Nov 09 by member: SassyChass
I made this recipe last night for my husband and I. Im currently on the Isagenix 30 day cleanse. Sub'd the hamburger with chicken and added some paprika and green onion as well. Very yummy. One filled me up!
24 Jan 13 by member: sunnydaze5
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Mayo Clinic Plan