fatsecret members overall average rating
Delicious golden muffins.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). Spray muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the banana, milk, egg whites, and oil together until well blended.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix well.
- Put into muffin tins (I used the pan that makes 6 large muffins).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Note: based on a recipe from Fat Smash forum.
510 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
I'm making it right now... so let's see how it goes!
11 Mar 09 by member: Neph
I substituted 1/2 c. oats for 1/2 c. oat bran to get more texture and added 1/4 c. raisins, 2 Tbsp Splenda and an extra 1/4 c. banana to keep the muffins moist. They turned out great and my fiance loved them! Simple recipe!
20 Jan 11 by member: Kayla Raela
Was disappointed. They were bland, and need some kind of sweetener. I will try adding some splenda next time. Won't totally give up on them.
03 Mar 11 by member: Robbin1965
its very subtle on the sweetness, i added 1/3 cup of applesauce,1 stevia packet, subtituted olive oil with smart balance and 1 scoop of unflavored any whey protein. Delish. garnished with 3 jumbo raisins and pecans.
31 Aug 11 by member: Leeloo7
This is so good. I added 2 Tbsp of splenda and an extra 1/4 c. banana (like Kayla Raela) and 2 Tbsp of ground flax seed for an extra boost. Very good recipe :)
10 Apr 12 by member: SarahLiana11
this is very good...I also added 2 Tbsp of Splenda
31 May 12 by member: rubie1947
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Fat Smash Diet