fatsecret members overall average rating
A quick, healthy way to use some zucchini from your garden (or pantry).
- Pre-heat oven to 475° F (250° C).
- In one small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Place the egg whites in a separate bowl.
- Dip zucchini slices into the egg whites, then coat the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until browned and crispy.
530 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
So yummy! I didn't have any bread crumbs so I made my own out of Double Fiber wheat bread and put my own seasonings in it. These are best when served hot and fresh out of the oven, by the time I finished up the salad, fixed my plate, and one of my kid's plate, they were cold and not as yummy as the one I stole off the tray. lol Even, so I will definitely be making these again!
30 Jul 11 by member: kcook323
they were very good, even my husband really liked them.
19 Aug 11 by member: greatgrandma2
loved it! had to season the dry breadcrumbs myself.
26 Feb 12 by member: fifiandra
Very good when eaten fresh out of the oven. They do not reheat well. Will make these again.
29 Oct 12 by member: sheavner
Zucchini was great, however getting the crumbs to stick to the pieces was borderline impossible.
12 Nov 12 by member: alpha.dog
Simply delicious when freshly baked
12 Feb 13 by member: ioana.m
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of The South Beach Diet