fatsecret members overall average rating
Baked Egg with Bacon and Cheese
A great breakfast that tastes better than it sounds.
- Grease a ramekin (small glazed ceramic serving bowl) with some butter.
- Grate cheese and put at the bottom of ramekin.
- Place a slice of bacon around the inside of the ramekin.
- Crack a whole egg into the middle of the ramekin.
- Place into a tray of boiling water (just enough to cover the sides of the ramekin).
- Bake in the oven or under the grill until the egg and bacon are cooked.
- Eat with a spoon, or nice to dip chunks of sausage into it, like a caveman fondue!
245 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins