fatsecret members overall average rating
Baked Cod with Alfredo Sauce
Baked cod with garlic flavor and topped with Alfredo sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, combine heavy whipping cream, stick of butter, cream cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Simmer on low heat for up to two hours (at least an hour if possible). Simmer and stir until sauce has thickend and parmesan and cream cheese has melted completely. If sauce seems too thin add a little more parmesan cheese. (Sauce can be made in a small crockpot as well).
- Place cod on a cookie sheet. Brush each piece of cod with the melted butter oil on both sides.
- Sprinkle the buttered fish with the garlic salt (or powder) to taste. Cover pan of fish with foil.
- Place cod in oven at 400 °F (200 °C) for about 45 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- To serve, place fish on a plate and generously spoon some Alfredo sauce on top of the fish.
- Serving suggestions: dish is great served with steamed broccoli or grilled zucchini and yellow squash.
75 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
the sauce is delish! i used tilapia instead.
29 Oct 07 by member: lisafiorella
45 minutes at 400 degrees seems like too long to me. If baking it enclosed in foil, I would think 20 minutes in 350 degrees should be enough. You don't want to burn out all the goodness in it.
10 Nov 13 by member: RoundAngel
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of Atkins