fatsecret members overall average rating
Bacon Wrapped Omelet Bites
Tasty little bites full of protein and perfect for breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Cook bacon in a pan over medium heat only until it's cooked through, but not crispy. About 5 minutes.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and place one piece of bacon in each tin, wrapping it around the outer edges.
- In a medium bowl, scramble the whole eggs along with the egg whites. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the chopped red and green peppers, spinach, and diced chicken.
- Combine thoroughly and then pour the mixture into each of the muffin tins lined with bacon (a soup ladle will transfer the mixture without spilling).
- Bake until the eggs are fluffy and slightly browned on top, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Note: top with diced avocado or mix in different ingredients like mushrooms, sausage and onions.
445 members have added this recipe to their cookbook.
This sounds delicious and a great way to use leftover Turkey, with the holiday approaching. I would sub. in extra lean turkey bacon for the reg. bacon.
11 Oct 12 by member: PJgetsFit
I made this today for family, with just egg & bacon.I made it in a bigger dish, it took longer to cook but...
Everyone super enjoyed it!!! :)
I will be cooking this again!
06 Mar 13 by member: milkybunnychan
Great for on the go breakfasts, or even as lunches. Freezes well and easily reheats in the microwave in under a minute!
12 Sep 13 by member: RavenSoul69
* opinions expressed on this site are those of the FatSecret members and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Paleo Diet