Group Forum: NK - May Version

previous topic
Clueless101

Joined: May 13
Posts: 254

        
Posted: 12 May 2013, 19:40
Log for today

Calories 1365

fat: 107.02g
|
protein: 78.80g
|
carbs: 24.04g

Breakfast / sausage salsa quiche
Lunch / beef tips, salad, strawberries and whipped cream
Dinner / fried chicken and salad

bunniee23

Joined: May 13
Posts: 86

        
Posted: 12 May 2013, 19:43
I like to make whipped cream and mix in a little jello powder. I don't really measure, it's probably about half a small packet to 2 cups of whipped cream. I haven't tried mixing in cream cheese, but that sounds good.
reddarin

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 959

        
Posted: 12 May 2013, 22:33
Numbers and log for today.

Calories: 3,127

Fat: 268
Pro: 146
Car: 39

76/20/4

Breakfast: Coffee, CO, HWC.
Lunch: Pork ribs, cabbage, onions, jalapeno, broth [butter, CO, bouillon].
Dinner: Pork ribs, jalapeno, pickles, tomato.
reddarin

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 959

        
Posted: 12 May 2013, 22:34
Grilled some country style pork ribs today. Mmmmm mmmmm. Smile
bunniee23

Joined: May 13
Posts: 86

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 00:38
Sunday's numbers: 1075 calories, 86 g fat, 69 g protein, 3 g carbs.

Breakfast - scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, coffee with coconut oil & hwc.

Lunch - bunless cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce, plain greek yogurt

Skipped dinner because I just wasn't hungry. I'll up my calories tomorrow.
Clueless101

Joined: May 13
Posts: 254

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 05:34
weight this morning 154.4
cpresson

Joined: May 13
Posts: 20

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 07:27
132.5 today Smile

Feeling nervous about surgery on Wed. I know it's not a big deal, but I'm a little worried recovery won't be as quick as the doc says...

Chapel
*********
"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired.”
- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian
raindroprose...

Joined: May 13
Posts: 211

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 07:51
Hmmm... weigh in was 149.5 this morning. Very interesting, because that's down 1.5 pounds from TOM weight from the day before. Very strange week too. I put on 1/2 pound between Wednesday night/Thursday morning, and then another 1/2 between Saturday night and Sunday morning... then all of a sudden a 1.5 pound drop for a new low this morning.

Not sure it's anything I did differently either. I did eat an actual lunch, and had a protein shake for dinner... so maybe that made a difference? Either that or my body was just waiting to up the ketones again (TOM always kills them down to near non-existence) and the steroids really aren't hurting me at all. Not sure how quickly I'd see the weight being put on if it was going to happen, but seeing a loss at all since starting is sure encouraging Smile

Kept calories the same as always, just flip flopped my meals since I usually have a gigantic shake for lunch instead of dinner... maybe I'll try the same thing again today if I feel like it.

Melanie | 27 | PCOS/Hypothyroid/Adrenal Fatigue
Goal #1 - 150 | Goal #2 - 140-145 | Overall Goal - tone and maintain!
"Be who you are, and say what you feel... because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - attributed to Dr. Seuss
SouthernGirl...

Joined: May 13
Posts: 2

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 07:55
Hi All. I've found you! Been AWOL from NK groups for a while.
Darin, how's it going? Hi Cheryl. I'll figure out who is who again I guess, new site is a bit different to figure out.
Gretalyn

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 24

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 08:20
I had guests this past week and wasn't able to check in much. I'm sure I've missed a lot. Melanie, I hope that your SO continues to improve. ((hugs)) Cpresson, I'll keep you in my prayers on Wednesday.

I got into a bit of trouble this past week when I decided to indulge in a sugar-free, high-fat (made with heavy cream instead of milk) frappuccino at Starbucks. A couple of hours after I drank it, I suddenly felt AWFUL: disoriented and confused, weak and shaky. I had enough presence of mind to check my blood sugar, which wasn't easy to do with shaky hands, and sure enough it had plummeted into the 50's. A sugar-free drink would not have done that to me, so obviously someone was not careful with my order. Luckily I was home at the time and was able to drink some apple juice and get my blood sugar back up to a level where I could function (and then eat a meal). I hate to think what would have happened if I had been driving or something. I guess I need to start keeping some of those glucose tablets in my purse just in case of emergencies. But I also learned that I simply cannot afford the luxury of ordering sweet beverages at restaurants. I know it sounds weird, but I honestly can't taste the difference between artificial sweeteners and sugar, so it's just too risky for me. Crying or Very sad


Greta
Maintaining an 18 pound loss for 2 years and counting.
My NK diet: <50g carbs, 80-100g protein, >135g fat
robbelkk

Joined: May 13
Posts: 26

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 08:44
Gretalyn wrote:


obviously someone was not careful with my order. Luckily I was home at the time and was able to drink some apple juice and get my blood sugar back up to a level where I could function (and then eat a meal). I hate to think what would have happened if I had been driving or something.


How terrible! Glad you made it home safe! Thank you for sharing this as I've wondered about trusting places to make my stuff SF...I'm trying to be more careful about ordering out and really trying to just keep stuff at home to make my own. We found a SF coffee syrup at this local dollar store for $1 and they have hazelnut, caramel and vanilla (which is my favorite, makes my coffee taste like a vanilla milkshake!) and it's the same size wal-mart sells (da vinci brand there I think) for like $3. Crazy savings. Smile
bunniee23

Joined: May 13
Posts: 86

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 08:45
Oh Gretalyn, that is scary, I'm glad you're okay now.

Weigh in - 186 lbs, back to my previous low. I'm hoping to get down to 185 by the end of May. Smile
raindroprose...

Joined: May 13
Posts: 211

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 09:34
Thank you Greta, I appreciate it Smile

But yikes that was one scary episode you had! That reminds me of the time I'd ordered water at Buffalo Wild Wings (seemed innocent enough!) and they brought me Sprite. I wasn't even paying attention so I took a sip before I realized what'd happened, and instead of instinctively spitting it out on the table I swallowed it because I didn't know what else to do. I think everyone thought I was being overly dramatic, but I really did feel sick the rest of the day Sad Thankfully you made it home safely! I agree, I have a hard time trusting restaurants not to do things in a way I don't ask them to... ugh.

Melanie | 27 | PCOS/Hypothyroid/Adrenal Fatigue
Goal #1 - 150 | Goal #2 - 140-145 | Overall Goal - tone and maintain!
"Be who you are, and say what you feel... because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - attributed to Dr. Seuss
raindroprose...

Joined: May 13
Posts: 211

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 09:35
bunniee23 wrote:
Weigh in - 186 lbs, back to my previous low. I'm hoping to get down to 185 by the end of May. Smile


Woohoo! Way to go Lisa!! Very Happy

At this rate you should see 185 way before the end of May!

Melanie | 27 | PCOS/Hypothyroid/Adrenal Fatigue
Goal #1 - 150 | Goal #2 - 140-145 | Overall Goal - tone and maintain!
"Be who you are, and say what you feel... because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - attributed to Dr. Seuss
raindroprose...

Joined: May 13
Posts: 211

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 09:36
reddarin wrote:
Grilled some country style pork ribs today. Mmmmm mmmmm. Smile


Awww Darin, you're making me jealous! It hasn't been grilling weather over here in a while (I guess it must be that zombie apocalypse that took over Lansing, huh? Razz) but tomorrow it's supposed to be warming back up finally. Hopefully it sticks Smile

Melanie | 27 | PCOS/Hypothyroid/Adrenal Fatigue
Goal #1 - 150 | Goal #2 - 140-145 | Overall Goal - tone and maintain!
"Be who you are, and say what you feel... because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - attributed to Dr. Seuss
amandacj08

Joined: May 13
Posts: 27

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 09:56
Gretalyn wrote:
I had guests this past week and wasn't able to check in much. I'm sure I've missed a lot. Melanie, I hope that your SO continues to improve. ((hugs)) Cpresson, I'll keep you in my prayers on Wednesday.

I got into a bit of trouble this past week when I decided to indulge in a sugar-free, high-fat (made with heavy cream instead of milk) frappuccino at Starbucks. A couple of hours after I drank it, I suddenly felt AWFUL: disoriented and confused, weak and shaky. I had enough presence of mind to check my blood sugar, which wasn't easy to do with shaky hands, and sure enough it had plummeted into the 50's. A sugar-free drink would not have done that to me, so obviously someone was not careful with my order. Luckily I was home at the time and was able to drink some apple juice and get my blood sugar back up to a level where I could function (and then eat a meal). I hate to think what would have happened if I had been driving or something. I guess I need to start keeping some of those glucose tablets in my purse just in case of emergencies. But I also learned that I simply cannot afford the luxury of ordering sweet beverages at restaurants. I know it sounds weird, but I honestly can't taste the difference between artificial sweeteners and sugar, so it's just too risky for me. Crying or Very sad



I found out the hard way that the frapp "base" even the "light" has quite a bit of sugar in it!!! How scary for you! I'm glad you were able to get it under control though.
amandacj08

Joined: May 13
Posts: 27

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 09:57
WI - 189.6 I'm super puffy today going to try and make sure I get all my water in today Smile
reddarin

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 959

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 10:17
Weigh-in this morning ... 190.8 for a .9 pound drop. I mention the almost one pound drop because I ate 3100 calories yesterday lol. And my protein, because of the tasty pork ribs, was 146 grams which is 1.88g/kg for my best guess ideal weight of 170.

What is interesting too, is that I was at very good numbers with regards to my goal numbers after a late lunch. I was at about 2200 calories and my protein was around 85g which is weight loss friendly for me. I could have stopped there for the day. I wasn't actually hungry when I ate dinner sometime after 6pm but the ribs were very tasty so what the heck heh.

Anywho, the point is that what you ate yesterday doesn't necessarily show up on the scale the next morning. I expected a bounce because 2400 calories of solid food weighs something plus the water needed to digest it. So when you are trying to correlate what you are doing to what you are experiencing so you can tweak things, try to keep in mind that the way your body works is complicated and there are a lot of things that impact what happens with regards to weight loss.

Smile
reddarin

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 959

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 10:19
Clueless101 wrote:
weight this morning 154.4


Hooray for no bounce!!! Smile
reddarin

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 959

        
Posted: 13 May 2013, 10:21
cpresson wrote:
132.5 today Smile

Feeling nervous about surgery on Wed. I know it's not a big deal, but I'm a little worried recovery won't be as quick as the doc says...


Hooray Chapel!!!

You are going into it super healthy so you'll do fine with the surgery. Smile What is the estimated recovery time?