Summary:

The Body Ecology Diet is designed by Donna Gates. You can read a full description in her book or on her website (just type in a search for it). The BED achieves a balance of health through the use of probiotics and proper food combining. By balancing out the body's natural processes and strengthening your immune system, you will balance out at your ideal weight. It is a thyroid and adrenal strengthening diet. It is a great complement to many other diets including low-carb and blood type diets.

Key Principles in a Nutshell:

1. Expantion and Contraction. Your body wants to be at a balnce. Too much sugar makes your body expanded and makes you crave salt. Too much refined salt and your body is too contracted, making you thirsty and making you crave sugar. This diet helps you get off that roller coaster.

2. Alkaline and Acidity. Your body is optimally healthy at a slightly alkaline state. Eat foods that balance you out.

3. Uniqueness. Each person is different and sometimes modifications are necessary for individual needs.

4. Respect your body's cleansing. Try to avoid drugs that interfere with your body's natural detoxing processes. Help it along if you can.

5. Food Combining: Eat Vegetables with Protein OR starchy vegetables and grains. This improves digestion, prevents acid-reflux and gas. It also prevents your food from fermenting in your digestive tract and causing disease.

6. Principle of 80/20: Make 80% of your meal Vegetables and the other 20% either protein or starcy vegetables and grains. Also, eat only until you are 80% full, leaving 20% as room for digestion to function optimally.

7. Step-by-step: Don't try to make too many changes all at once. It takes time for you to get back to your ideal health and weight. For long-term health and success, add each principle one at a time.

For more information look up the Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates.

Recent Activity for The Body Ecology Diet

View:  all activity | journals | calendar | posts | photos | kitchen | tips

 How To Follow The Body Ecology Diet:

These are my suggestions:

1. Start with eliminating sugar and replacing it with Stevia. Add probiotic foods to all your meals, one of the keys to weight-loss. Eliminate acidic toxins like caffeine and alcohol.

2. Start with the food combining principle, eat vegetables either with meat or with starchy vegetables and grains.

3. Apply the 80/20 rule when you are ready. This the other big key to weight-loss.

For more information look up the Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates.
     
  by member sararay
I am a FS veteran. I am 5'7" tall and muscular. I have had to work hard all of my life to get to a healthy weight but mostly I have struggled with body image issues since I can remember. I have high metabolic resistance and I strive to make the right ...
member since: 25 Sep 07
 

More The Body Ecology Diet Info



sararay's top tips

1.Eat or drink probiotics with every meal. These include Kefir, Apple-cider vinegar, home-cultured vegetables and other probiotic drinks. This helps your digestion and heals your body making it easier for you to fight off cravings.
2.80/20 rule of food combining. Make 80% of your plate vegetables and the other 20% of your plate either meat or starchy vegetables and grains. Only eat until you are 80% full, leaving 20% as room for digestion.
3.Eliminate all sugars, wheat products and caffeine. Replace sugar with natural herb sweetener, Stevia. It helps regulate blood sugar levels. Replace common grains with highly nutritional grains: Quinoa, Millet, Buckwheat and Amaranth.
4.Drink plenty of water and herbal teas sweetened with Stevia. Add lemon juice to your water to help cleanse the liver.
5.Respect your uniqueness and make changes gradually. Respect your body's cleansing process.
6.If you eat sugar, do not eat any fats, proteins or carbohydrates with it. It feeds candida so it is not recommened until you have re-balanced your health.

About / History

I did not develop this diet. It was designed by Donna Gates. Read her book "The Body Ecology Diet: Recovering your Health and Rebuilding your Immunity". Or look up her website.

     
  Why choose "The Body Ecology Diet"?
 Promotes long term weight loss
 A healthy living alternative
 A body "detox"
 Teaches sustainable weight loss skills
 Improves mood and outlook
 Reduces the risks of diet-related diseases
 A roadmap for a healthier lifestyle

features in a nutshell