The Body Ecology Diet is designed by Donna Gates. You can read a full description in her book or on her website (just type in a search for it). The BED achieves a balance of health through the use of probiotics and proper food combining. By balancing out the body's natural processes and strengthening your immune system, you will balance out at your ideal weight. It is a thyroid and adrenal strengthening diet. It is a great complement to many other diets including low-carb and blood type diets.
Key Principles in a Nutshell:
1. Expantion and Contraction. Your body wants to be at a balnce. Too much sugar makes your body expanded and makes you crave salt. Too much refined salt and your body is too contracted, making you thirsty and making you crave sugar. This diet helps you get off that roller coaster.
2. Alkaline and Acidity. Your body is optimally healthy at a slightly alkaline state. Eat foods that balance you out.
3. Uniqueness. Each person is different and sometimes modifications are necessary for individual needs.
4. Respect your body's cleansing. Try to avoid drugs that interfere with your body's natural detoxing processes. Help it along if you can.
5. Food Combining: Eat Vegetables with Protein OR starchy vegetables and grains. This improves digestion, prevents acid-reflux and gas. It also prevents your food from fermenting in your digestive tract and causing disease.
6. Principle of 80/20: Make 80% of your meal Vegetables and the other 20% either protein or starcy vegetables and grains. Also, eat only until you are 80% full, leaving 20% as room for digestion to function optimally.
7. Step-by-step: Don't try to make too many changes all at once. It takes time for you to get back to your ideal health and weight. For long-term health and success, add each principle one at a time.
For more information look up the Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates.