We have come to almost the top of our Mountain, the LCHF Food revolution challenge! In 23 hours this journey will continue, although the current challenge will draw to a close.
I am so thankful to each one who took up the challenge, and who made it possible to be where we are now.
Remember how it was when we began? For many of us the first 4 weeks especially, were difficult, as we went into ketosis: when our bodies changed from the mode of using carbs for energy, into using fat for energy. I, personally, during the first few weeks, felt jittery. But I learned that, for instance sucking on a tspn of butter during those struggling days - would ease the ketosis symptoms and help to curb cravings, etc.
I have learned so much. Thanks so much once again for YOUR participation in making this challenge so wonderfully successful!
I, personally, have lost a whopping 11kg's. During the past 4 weeks I lost weight at a more rapid rate, due to working out at the gym at least 5 times per week for at least 1 hour per session.
I have learned what works for me - and what don't. A definite plus is to:
1. Keep meals simple
2. Not be so much absorbed in the notion of calorie restriction, but rather to ensure that I would have at least 75% fat, 20% protein and not more than 20 gm carbs per day (the fatsecret application helps, esp on the phone - as one can record what you eat as you go along)
3. To go slower on certain products such as Greek yogurt, cream cheese, berries, nuts - as I found out that eating too much of these, would increase my cravings to eat more
4. To learn to eat when hungry, even if it meant skipping meals, as I would tune in to follow the needs indicated by my body, rather than that of at least 3 meals per day
5. Bullit Coffee is great! And helped to ensure that I consumed high fat: (recipe is 2 tablespoons and 1 tablespoon coconut oil blended in with a cup of hot black coffee). I had bullit coffee at least twice a day
6. That one should include fats such as coconut oil slowly, and not give up when eating this makes you feel nauseous. In the beginning of a LCHF journey, one's gall bladder is still lazy in producing bile (to digest fat) under the former low fat and high carb eating routine. I definitely am able today, 12 weeks later, to not only consume fats but to enjoy it too! Yeah!
7. To include extra
supplements. In addition to the LCHF lifestyle, I took multi vitamins, biotin, and omega 3
I am planning to have a follow up challenge on this one, but there will be a window period before it starts operating (under Fatsecret guidelines). I will try and set up the challenge today. It would be something like: "The LCHF Food Revolution to a healthier and slimmer You"
Well done to all of you! You have made it here, despite a few difficulties at times. I hope you feel encouraged to continue the LCHF lifestyle!
Hugs to you!
Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.