1. Expect weight loss plateaus: Days or weeks where nothing seems to happen on the scale. Everybody gets them. Stay calm. Keep doing what you’re doing and eventually things will start happening again
2. Long-term change is only hard in the beginning, especially during the first couple of weeks. It’s like quitting smoking. Once you develop new habits it becomes easier and easier every week. Eventually it comes naturally.
3. Avoid eating fruit! Sugar from fruit can shut down fat burning. This can increase your hunger and slow your weight loss. For best results avoid fruit – or enjoy it occasionally as a treat.
4. Avoid all artificial sweeteners! According to scientific studies, artificial sweeteners can increase appetite and maintain cravings for sweet food. Artificial sweeteners can maintain an addiction to sweets and lead to snack cravings.
5. Losing fat and gaining muscles is great progress, but you may miss it if you only measure your weight. Thus it’s smart to also track the disappearance of your belly fat, by measuring your waist circumference.
6. Losing Weight Becomes Harder The Closer You Get To Your Ideal Weight. Not only does the pace of weight loss slow down, but your body will work harder to hold on to your fat stores the leaner you become.
7. Consider Intermittent Fasting to break through the plateau by doing one of the following
*7.1 Only eat during a 5-hour time period per day
*7.2 Skip one of your meals per day
*7.3 Do a one day fast per week
*7.4 Try alternate day fasting over a week
Hope these tips are of some assistance.
Keep on going strong! You ARE doing great!
Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.