I am really loving all of the fresh fruits and veggies from the summer harvest. My most recent favorites?
* Spaghetti squash with parmasean and herbs
* grilled anything with mushrooms and baked potato
* Throwing random stuff from my garden into a crock pot with some meat to flavor it up as a soup or stew
* Occasional vegetarian meals to use up our vegetables and ease our environmental impact (one favorite, home-made seitan fried in olive oil)
* Fruit and milk smoothies, while it is all in season
* chopping and dicing peppers, celery, onion, etc. and immediately freezing it in gallon size freezer bags so adding extra veggies while cooking is a snap
* hitting the whole foods store (or anywhere that sells bulk grains) and buying brown rice, quinoa, barley, steel milled oats, whole flours etc. It saves a lot of money.
* keeping a bag for veggie odds and ends (for vegetable stock) to be kept in the freezer. If we aren't going to use it before it goes bad or gets bruised, we toss it in the bag and make s
13 Jul 12 for diet Mediterranean Diet
Other Related Links
Outsideaubrey's Recent Activity
Outsideaubrey's Own Activity
Other Member Diet Recent Activity