Joined: Aug 11
Posted: 23 Jun 2012, 06:39
Key to this, is EVERYONE is DIFFERENT.
I found I was maintaining weight at 295 pounds for about two years! down from 308. But I did NO exercising, and my diet was poor.
I real am not ON a diet, I simply follow or have changed my diet.
1) get rid of sodas, and yes, that includes diet ones. Those chemicals tie up your liver's ability to process real fat, which by the way is ok to eat. Real fat like Butter, olive oil, eggs w/yolks. Have no more than one a day, and drink a tea too. Drink water the rest of the way. Key fact, the more water you drink, the more you like it and want it.
2) eat breakfast, but eat breakfast items! Breakfast items are lower in fats than other stuff. I used to eat leftovers or a sandwich for breakfast, no more. Scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs OE, french toast, pancakes, turkey sausages, Grits, these are the items available for breakfast!
3) keep your lunch reasonable. I make a sandwich. I use real mayo...real cheese, ham, or turkey, or chicken. If you can eat a sprouted grain bread that is flour less.
4)keep your dinner portions reasonable. Have 4-5 oz of meat, 5 oz pot/rice, eat veggies, a little salad .dont worry about the dressing, especially if its olive oil. if you like desert, eat yogurt for desert.
exercise 6 days a week, try to burn 300 calories a day. build up to it. even if you can only walk 10 minutes, do ten minutes, rest a day, do it again. add a little hear and there. If your on a treadmill and you feel like you can't go on, your going too slow, speed it up a bit. ALWAYS WALK BEFORE YOU EAT YOUR MEAL.... so you burn stored energy first.
So far in 8 months Ive lost 50 pounds.
Joined: Jun 08
Posted: 23 Jun 2012, 16:10
Congrats on the weight loss! I personally don't understand most diets, and am therefore no following one either. It is very encouraging to see such success! Keep up the great work!
"Of course its hard, if it were easy everyone would do it. Hard is what makes it great"
-League of Their Own
Joined: Sep 09
Posted: 24 Jun 2012, 04:34
Generally sound advice. Congratulations on your success.
Visit my website: www.tabdig.info"Losing weight is never about eating as little as possible"
- Kingkeld."You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.
― Eleanor Roosevelt"Do. Or do not. There is no trying."
- Master Yoda.I went from morbidly obese to being the owner of TABDIG - a weight loss coaching service that helps people worldwide losing weight. It's been an amazing journey. From October 4th 2010 to April 3rd 2012 I lost half my body weight - 80 kilos/170 lbs. Since then, I have had two cosmetic surgeries to remove excess skin. I have now quadrupled my strength, gained several kilos in muscle mass, and today I focus on building muscle, optimizing my diet, living healthy and helping people to reach the very same goals. I am stronger, healthier, thinner, happier! If you feel that you need help losing weight, don't hesitate to send me an inbox message.
Joined: Aug 10
Posted: 24 Jun 2012, 16:03
Sounds like you are doing great. Very good advice too!