I love Trader Joes. Here's what's on my list when I go...Note that not all of it is diet worthy...but worth an occasional splurge! Take a cooler with ice packs with you for the frozen items.
* Three Layer Hummus. I like all their hummus options - but this is my favorite and only 50 calories per 2 Tbsp.
* Strawberry banana creamy yogurt - worth the splurge!
* Tandoori Naan Bread - so good , although about 280 calories a piece
* I'm not sure exactly what it's called - they have a round flatbread that's a great for making pizza..and the base is decent in terms of calories - it will be near the naan bread in the bread section
* Tom Yum Soup - delicious spicy soup in the frozen section. It's about 240 calories
* I like almost all of their Indian frozen meals
* Jasmine White rice - frozen
* Rice medley - brown rice/ red beans and barley - in frozen section
* Shu mai - frozen
* I love their beef meatballs - but I buy it for the family - not for me, as they are high in calories
* Breaded chicken cutlets - frozen. Great to keep in the freezer for an easy meal - the pieces are small - so I can have just one piece for myself which is about 150 calories
* Chicken nuggets - for the kids
* Frozen red/green/yellow peppers - great to throw into dishes as needed
* Frozen green beans - cook up nicely
* Frozen edamamme
* Frozen leeks
* Indian vegetable burgers - frozen - yummy!
* Vegetable samosas - frozen - worth the calories
* Canned turkey chilli
* Canned tuscano marinara Sauce - so good
* Packet of savory chicken stock - packet has about 10 little sachets of concentrated stock - for when you can't make your own
* Olive oil - good prices
* Vanilla cake mix and the brownie mix - both very good if you are making for guests
* Basmati rice - dry
* Vanilla almond granola
* Great assortment of nuts and dried fruits
* Salsa verde
* Roasted tomato salsa
* Gorgonzola roasted crackers
* Bag of individual packs of kettle corn
* mini bagels
* French twist rolls with poppy seeds - a splurge
I know they have a good selection of items for people with allergies or looking for gluten free, etc....I don't have a specific need for those, so probably none listed above. They have a great cheese selection...but I've cut way back on cheese for the moment and there are too many good ones to list!
Oh...and a bunch of flowers
enjoy your trip!
A year from now you will look back and wish you had started today.