To start this diet the most important thing is to know that more is not a diet but a way of life, therefore it is necessary to study the book, because it is our health.
The diet consists of 4 stages, induction, ppp (progressive weight loss), pre-maintenance and maintenance.
RULES OF THE INDUCTION
Remember these rules as if your life depended on it. In fact, it is.
1. Eat 3 regular meals a day or 4 to 5 smaller. Do not skip meals or spend more than 6 waking hours without eating.
2. Come freely combinations of fat and protein, as poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs and red meat and natural fats like butter, mayonnaise, olive oil, sunflower oil and other vegetable oils (preferably obtained by pressure cold).
3. Do not eat more than 20 grams of net carbs per day. Most will be in the form of salad greens and other vegetables (see Acceptable Foods List Induction). You can eat about 3 cups of salad greens (first list) or 2 cups of salad (first list) plus 1 cup of other vegetables (second list).
4. Do not eat absolutely no fruit, bread, pasta (noodles), grains, starchy vegetables or dairy products except cheese, cream (cream) or butter. Do not eat nuts or seeds (except 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed for constipation) in the first two weeks. Foods that combine protein and carbohydrates such as peas, lentils, beans and other legumes are not allowed at this stage.
5. Do not eat anything that is not in FOOD PERMITTED IN INDUCTION. And that means nothing. The rationalization "just a taste will not hurt" is the kiss of failure during this phase of Atkins.
6. Adjust the amount you eat to satisfy your appetite, especially when you fall. When you feel hungry, eat the amount that satisfies you, but do not fill. When you're not hungry eat a snack to accompany your nutritional supplements.
7. Do not assume that any food is low in carbohydrate - you must read the labels. Review carbohydrate counting or using a carbohydrate counter (available on the Internet).
8. You can eat all you want but put off care hidden carbs in sauces, gravies and adheresos. The gravy is thickened with flour or cornstarch. And adheresos often have sugar.
9. Avoid foods and drinks sweetened with aspartame. Instead use sucralose or saccharin. Each bag has about 1 gram of carbohydrates.
10. Avoid coffee, tea and soft drinks containing caffeine. It is shown that excessive caffeine consumption causes low blood sugar, which can cause cravings.
11. Drink at least 8 glasses of 250 ml of water daily to hydrate your body, avoid constipation and throw away the byproducts of burning fat.
12. If you suffer from constipation, mix one tablespoon or more of psylllium or ground Flax seed in a cup or more of water and drink it daily. You can also eat wheat bran.
13. Making at least one multivitamínimo with minerals, including potassium, magnesium and calcium but without iron.
1. Stay away from diet products unless they specifically say "no carbs". Many of these products are for low-fat diets and not controlled carbohydrate plans.
2. The words sugarless, sugar-free, no added sugar or not enough. The label must state the carbohydrate content, that is what should guide you.
3. Many products that usually do not consider food, such as gum, mints, Jaraba for coughs and cough drops are full of sugar and other caloric sweeteners. You should avoid them.
4. Be aware of prepared salads in salad bars or counter rotisserie. For example, the coleslaw, cole slaw, or even tuna salad can have been prepared with sugar.
This stage may last a minimum of 14 days and a maximum of 6 months (this is relative to the weight you want to lose the person, the more weight you have to lose more time will be in induction but felt I must necessarily pass through all stages to not get so undesirable yo-yo)
"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens."