I Love my Body because............

5 PAGES
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
previous topic · next topic
triaby

Joined: Feb 11
Posts: 321

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 18:26
I was watching Oprah today (just love her, she really speaks my language) and she was talking about dieting and something she said really struck me and it was that we all really need to learn to love our bodies again. Getting angry at our bodies and hating it because we are fat is not helping us - it is just further abuse to ourselves. So I thought I would start a thread where we could maybe find something about our bodies that we love, as just a start....

I love my body because:

1. Despite all the abuse I have put it through it is still standing strong

2. On a lighter note - I like my eyebrows and my ears don't stick out!

Tracy

I actually have a body like Cindy Crawford, I just keep it well covered to protect it!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

♥ I am the captain of my soul ♥


Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.
Ninjapanda

Joined: Mar 11
Posts: 188

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 18:36
i <3 this post.

1. I love my body because its mine and beautiful in its own way. All the scars(literally) tell a story and every line and detail motivates me to work even harder.

2. Since after my surgery im starting to get into shape...nay better shape than i was before so i can lay b*tches out on the rugby field and knock some heads around when i start fighting again.

3. Also...apparently my arms are nice?
Sherillynn

Joined: Mar 11
Posts: 270

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 19:49
1. I love my body because its the only one I have, even if it is big enough for two.

2. I love my body because unlike any of my other relationships, its never left me.

3. I love my body (for real) because even after years of eating poorly and not excercising the way I should, it hasn't checked out on me but is giving me a shot at redemption.
** Goal 1- 20 pounds
** Goal 2- get back down to wearing size 16 jeans
** Goal 3- normal blood pressure
** Goal 4- well below "One" Derland



Blessings,
Sherill


PantherIII

Joined: Feb 11
Posts: 282

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 19:58
1. I love my body because I could survive a cold winter without clothes (aka i'm hairy)
2. I love my body because it produces muscle at twice the rate of most people I meet.
3. I love my body because it can withstand the punishment my daughter puts it through.
Logging the Spike Diet w/my journal. Add me as a buddy if you want to see how it goes.
ellyfranklin

Joined: Jun 10
Posts: 190

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 21:05
I love my body because I've lost 30 pounds and still have the same cup size! Rock on!
birdybrain

Joined: Aug 10
Posts: 38

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 21:30
It's resilient. I don't take the best care of it - it's covered in scars from being thrown off horses, gutted by street signs, and hit by cars - but it still does everything I ask of it.
Tubbs McGee

Joined: Aug 10
Posts: 194

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 21:34
I love my body because...

-my bone structure allows me to squeeze into small spaces (even if it means some flab gets pushed around)

-all of my scars have hilarious stories

-my eyes can't decide what colour they want to be

-my ever-shrinking feet are beginning to look like hooves, and it cracks me up

...well how about that! I like myself more than I thought I did!!! Laughing

Great topic, triaby

-


The difference between want and need is SELF-CONTROL.
kstubblefiel...

Joined: May 10
Posts: 1,400

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 21:42
...it has forgiven me for all the damage I've done to it over the years (lack of exercise, poor eating habits, smoking, 7 surgeries for various reasons, some of which I'm sure could have been prevented with better weight management) & shown me results that continue to feed my motivation to get healthier.

Before I gained so much weight I really liked my legs since they were naturally muscular, & I love my body now because the lower body work I'm doing is making my legs look the way I want them to. Smile

Kat | NO EXCUSES, JUST RESULTS | Next milestone - 256: 60 lbs lost
2013: still up from 1/1, but coming back down...
2010: 50.4 lbs lost | 2011:17 lbs lost | 2012: 1 lb gained
How I did it: http://stubbysticks.wordpress.com/weight-loss-summary-by-month/
Jackie_Snape...

Joined: Feb 11
Posts: 82

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 21:47
1. I love my body because it's proportioned in a shapely and curvy way.(when I lose some of this thigh/belly flab it will be even more "hourglass" shaped)

2. I love my body because it just seems to get stronger and stronger the more I push it.

3. I love my body because even when I was abusing it, it still worked well enough to let me know how my purging and starving were hurting it. It gave me the courage to want to get better
dadams10

Joined: Jun 10
Posts: 80

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 22:41
I love my body because my legs looks great no matter what! Even when I was 15 lbs overweight Smile
k8yk

Joined: Jan 09
Posts: 4,546

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 23:02
I love my body because it can run for miles, hike up mountains, jog up stairs, lift heavy things, and dance joyfully (albeit poorly Wink
My blog, This is not a Diet:
http://notsobigk.wordpress.com
Follow me on Facebook for tips, recipes, advice, exercise ideas and more:
http://www.facebook.com/notadiet
Sherillynn

Joined: Mar 11
Posts: 270

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 23:08
This is a great thread!
** Goal 1- 20 pounds
** Goal 2- get back down to wearing size 16 jeans
** Goal 3- normal blood pressure
** Goal 4- well below "One" Derland



Blessings,
Sherill


Devrinator

Joined: Mar 11
Posts: 31

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 23:39
I just can't do it. I feel like I'm lying if I say " I love my body." I do like the golden, olive color of my skin on my arms and legs. I like my eyes. All I picture, though, is my white, rotund, stretchmarked belly. I should love it, though, because it's me. It's difficult, though, because of all the images we are bombarded with in the media. Am I alone in struggling with this?
birdybrain

Joined: Aug 10
Posts: 38

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 23:46
Devrinator wrote:
I just can't do it. I feel like I'm lying if I say " I love my body." I do like the golden, olive color of my skin on my arms and legs. I like my eyes. All I picture, though, is my white, rotund, stretchmarked belly. I should love it, though, because it's me. It's difficult, though, because of all the images we are bombarded with in the media. Am I alone in struggling with this?

No. You're not at all alone. I think very few women are completely happy with their appearance. Honestly I think that's the real benefit of exercise; like diet's the biggest part of losing weight, but exercise is doing things with your body and feeling capable and learning to appreciate your body as a machine rather than an ornament. It's a different frame of mind.
Jackie_Snape...

Joined: Feb 11
Posts: 82

      quote  
Posted: 23 Mar 2011, 23:51
devrinator- Absolutely not! I can't honestly say that I love all my body all of the time(usually not even half). But, there are some things about it that we do seem to like and others that we seem to want to improve on The things you don't like so much are being worked on...I guess that's why you're here? 2 months ago, I wouldn't have said any of those things about myself...I didn't realize/believe anything about my body. As you change your lifestyle and get healthier I think you'll find that the list will get longer. I guess, I'm trying to say is to embrace the things that you like, and work towards the goals you have for your body...the rest will likely follow
triaby

Joined: Feb 11
Posts: 321

      quote  
Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 05:01
Hey Jackie - good to see you are in a happier place now - my heart went out to you when I read a previous forum by you struggling to up your calories.....I know how that feels. I am no expert, but can speak by experience so if you ever need to drop me a PM, please do and I will help where I can.....

Devrinator - not many of us can say we love our whole body, but if we find little things every day, eventually we will be able to embrace the whole.....lucky you to have golden, olive skin - jealous...I'm not going to even think about my white pasty skin....

Today I also realised I love my feet enough to be confident to wear open shoes and know my feet look good because I look after them.....
Tracy

I actually have a body like Cindy Crawford, I just keep it well covered to protect it!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

♥ I am the captain of my soul ♥


Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.
pixidaisy

Joined: Jan 10
Posts: 548

      quote  
Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 16:17
I love my body because
- It is constantly forgiving me for treating it like crap and its still puttering along even though I haven't taken 100% care of it.
-Each scar has its own very humorous story that documents how ridiculous uncoordinated I really am.

But I love my body most of all because its mine and I am awesome...

You say you want a cheeseburger but all I hear is "I need love" - a comic strip on the fridge at work.

You have failed only when you quit trying. Until then, you're still in the act of progression. So, never quit trying and you'll never be a failure.

My Blog
http://pixpocketlint.wordpress.com/
k8yk

Joined: Jan 09
Posts: 4,546

      quote  
Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 17:08
Yeah, I think we all have parts of our bodies we like more than others. But we so often spend so much time focusing in on the negatives that we forget the positives- not the least of which is that we are alive and functional. I feel pretty bad about berating my cellulite when I see someone who is in a wheelchair. Mine may not look good in booty shorts, but I can WALK. This is obviously much more important.

I think it's unacceptable socially to feel good about your appearance. Hence, even the thinnest girls constantly complain about being fat. The small-chested women wish for large boobs and the large-chested women hate being well-endowed. Women with curly hair straighten it and women with straight hair curl it... when will the madness end? When will we stand up and say "I am good enough the way I am and I don't need to fit your stupid ideal!!!"

I love my eye color which is greyish greenish bluish something.

I love being tall.

I love my defined calves and shoulders.
My blog, This is not a Diet:
http://notsobigk.wordpress.com
Follow me on Facebook for tips, recipes, advice, exercise ideas and more:
http://www.facebook.com/notadiet
Mmmily

Joined: Jul 10
Posts: 115

      quote  
Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 17:33
I love my hands because they're a reflection of my day's work and my life's struggles.

I love feet because they have carried me for miles and remind me how soft the grass is.

I love my body because it carried my son for 9 months without complaint, and I love the stretch marks and the belly droop because they will forever be a symbol and reminder of my greatest joy.

And I love my eyes because I truly believe they are the window to the soul (and they always seem both innocent and mischievous)
LightMage

Joined: Feb 11
Posts: 27

      quote  
Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 17:39
hmmmm, bits I love

I've always loved my eyes, large,dark brown, expressive

I got my dad's hair, thick & very straight

I've got fine, light body hair so I've never had to shave my legs

the bits I don't like, I hope they improve. I know I'll never be a "perfect" size 2 (or whatever is fashionable), I just want to be healthy.



Forum Search
Advanced forum search


Latest Posts

High carb- Low protein and HUNGRY all the time???
wholefoodnut wrote: Fat secret food system does not calculate complementary proteins. So if you are combining beans/legumes with seeds/nuts or whole grains or combining any of them you are getting more ...
by Hannahan on 20 Sep 14 12:48 AM
Fed Up (2014) Documentary
nb girl wrote: 7Priest7, did you actually see the movie? Yes nb girl wrote: The movie showed a 6 month old baby who is obese, you could argue the mother is overfeeding the baby, but as the obstetrician ...
by 7Priest7 on 19 Sep 14 09:45 PM
Health sidekick
Yup looked into it too and it doesn't follow the golden rule of KISS (keep it simple stupid) It was confusing, plus the food data base was weird. MFS is global and they have done a great job of ...
by AKRSAR on 19 Sep 14 06:39 PM
Eliminating Sugar - Where do you draw the line?
Ruhu wrote: I know not all agree that eliminating sugar is the way to go for us self-proclaimed sugar addicts, but it truly works best for me. I've found time & time again that for me, one bite ...
by rolandbaranek on 19 Sep 14 12:57 PM
exercise
If adding it yourself is too much, go to the exercise list. There are calisthenics in 2 or 3 levels as well as yoga (for stretching type things). I use the light calisthenics since I do them at home and ...
by msbuggirl on 19 Sep 14 11:48 AM