What Do You Have for Breakfast?

2 PAGES
1 | 2
previous topic · next topic
jules_e1

Joined: Jun 08
Posts: 9

      quote  
Posted: 27 Mar 2009, 16:10
Every morning I have an egg, 2 slices turkey bacon OR 2 pieces Canadian bacon, and a whole wheat English muffin 3 times a week.

I'm looking to switch it up a little, but I still need something reasonably fast.

I'm looking for a carb-friendly-er replacement for my English muffin. While they are 100% whole wheat, they have 120 cals and 23 carbs! Hence why I eat them sparingly!

Any suggestions?
drummingpari...

Joined: Mar 09
Posts: 16

      quote  
Posted: 27 Mar 2009, 16:26
I generally make an apple sandwich.

Two pieces of whole wheat bread, toasted, wrapped around a sliced apple with cinnamon sprinkled in it, along with a tall glass of orange juice. Takes less time than cooking an egg and is much easier to eat on your way out the door!
Janelleas

Joined: Oct 07
Posts: 1,014

      quote  
Posted: 27 Mar 2009, 16:40
oatmeal (I believe its why my blood work is so much better now)
quiche cups to go (even though I eat them here at home..not on the go) and a lot of times I have cottage cheese with a turkey sausage link/or pattie.

Refocus Bootcamp Challenge
starting weight 155.8 4 week challenge
Bobe1966

Joined: Jul 10
Posts: 11

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 09:52
Omelettes most every day. Stir up 2 eggs and a bit of milk. Put in a greased (use spray olive oil)dish. I have a fairly flat Corelle bowl that I use. Microwave for 1 minute. Add ingredients of choice on top the mostly cooked eggs. Microwave one more minute. Enjoy!
mrspackrat

Joined: Aug 10
Posts: 564

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 11:02
Something quick on the run I grab hardboiled eggs or cottage cheese and grab some cut up veggies (like celery).
Wyattj99

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 213

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 11:10
I either have one of three things depending on the day.

Option #1 - two scrambled eggs (nothing added to them), with a banana, 1/2 cup of strawberries on the side

Option #2 - two scrambled eggs (nothing added to them) with a green smoothie (banana, strawberries, spinach leaves, and almond milk)

Option #3 - Oatmeal with banana, strawberries or blackberries, raspberries and blueberries

and maybe once a month a small bowl of cereal with a banana
1st Goal: 150 lbs
2nd Goal: 135 lbs
3rd Goal: 125 lbs


Jamie
kkd1125

Joined: Apr 10
Posts: 336

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 11:17
jules_e1 wrote:
Every morning I have an egg, 2 slices turkey bacon OR 2 pieces Canadian bacon, and a whole wheat English muffin 3 times a week.

I'm looking to switch it up a little, but I still need something reasonably fast.

I'm looking for a carb-friendly-er replacement for my English muffin. While they are 100% whole wheat, they have 120 cals and 23 carbs! Hence why I eat them sparingly!

Any suggestions?


Jules, try switching the english muffin to a low carb whole wheat tortilla and making it a breakfast burrito. Maybe add some salsa or other cut up veggies (red peppers, onions, cilantro, etc.) for more flavor or a little bit of sliced avocado for healthy fat. I buy low carb whole wheat tortillas that have 80 cals and 18 carbs. I use them for burritos, quesadillas and wraps, and even cut up into traiangles, sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray and seasoning and bake them up to eat as chips.
Spacey47

Joined: Apr 12
Posts: 916

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 12:39
breakfast is for wimps us IF's start eating at 2pm
NCNOLE

Joined: Feb 11
Posts: 1,218

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 12:59
I'd love to figure out how to not eat Smile I'm always so hungry in the morning. I get up at 5am to workout and then work from 7am to 5pm. I am usually hungry for breakfast a morning snack and then starving (not really, but feels like) by lunch time. I don't know how all you IFers manage!!
Spacey47

Joined: Apr 12
Posts: 916

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 13:48
I get up about 6 am train drink water etc

I used to eat breakfast religiously every morning most important meal of the day etc

But I have found it actually triggers my appetite

Now I don't eat in the am it really doesn't bother me at all which was something of a surprise to me as well
In fact I would say mentally I feel clearer not eating

I do love my food and really enjoy my lunch dinner and tea
Wyattj99

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 213

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 14:45
Eating breakfast is a very good thing...not sure about IF means but I will continue to eat my breakfast.
1st Goal: 150 lbs
2nd Goal: 135 lbs
3rd Goal: 125 lbs


Jamie
eKatherine

Joined: Aug 12
Posts: 1,286

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 15:02
Spacey47 wrote:
breakfast is for wimps us IF's start eating at 2pm


Or 3pm.
Spacey47

Joined: Apr 12
Posts: 916

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 15:50
Wyattj99 wrote:
Eating breakfast is a very good thing...not sure about IF means but I will continue to eat my breakfast.


IF = intermittent fasting, eating ones calories later in the day in say an 8 hour window and not eating for the other 16 hours. More extreme versions maybe 24 hours once or twice a week

There is nothing specifically good or bad about eating breakfast it is just calories

I find IF helps me manage my calories more easily..however on holiday or now and then I do have a nice big fry up of egg bacon and sausage
Wyattj99

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 213

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 16:30
Why You Should Eat a Healthy Breakfast

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast provides you with the energy and nutrients that lead to increased concentration in the classroom.
Studies show that breakfast can be important in maintaining a healthy body weight.
Hunger sets in long before it's time for lunch, but because it's not convenient to eat properly, many people who have not eaten breakfast snack on foods that are high in fat and sugar.
People who skip breakfast are unlikely to make up their daily requirement for some vitamins and minerals that a simple breakfast would have provided.
Breakfast provides energy for the activities during the morning and helps to prevent that mid-morning slump.
1st Goal: 150 lbs
2nd Goal: 135 lbs
3rd Goal: 125 lbs


Jamie
GoHorhay

Joined: Mar 10
Posts: 44

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 16:48
If I didn't eat breakfast I would stab somebody by 10AM...
Spacey47

Joined: Apr 12
Posts: 916

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 16:52
Studies no doubt funded by breakfast cereal companies and coffee producers!!

I am personally as fit lean and healthy as I was nearly 30 years ago at 19 and my work concentration is excellent

I don't feel hungry in the morning so why eat, as long as you get your healthy calories at some point it really makes no difference when you eat


Your body isn't that weak that not eating in the morning will have any genuine affect on you and some studies are showing that remaining in the fasting I.e. the un fed state is good for us.


Personally it just suits me to eat later in terms of calorie /weight management

Cthulhu

Joined: Dec 11
Posts: 167

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 17:20
King size snickers bar 540 calories...your welcome.

Or go with plain oatmeal, quick rolled, 300 calories for double serving, and you'll be damn full before you can get that puppy down.

“The last of the human freedoms is to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances.” ~Victor E. Frankl
Wyattj99

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 213

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 20:59
Spacey....everyone is different!
1st Goal: 150 lbs
2nd Goal: 135 lbs
3rd Goal: 125 lbs


Jamie
Spacey47

Joined: Apr 12
Posts: 916

      quote  
Posted: 18 Apr 2013, 23:52
Wyattj99 wrote:
Spacey....everyone is different!


I don't understand your point,

Do what you feel is right for you, I'm just offering a different perspective on a dietary norm that many do not think is particularly relevant to them me and quite a few people here included and seemingly becoming more common worldwide.

People do all sorts of things because they are told to do without questioning it because they do not challenge their assumptions ,or example

Why do people eat cereals for breakfast? When there is absolutely no logic to do so, but we have been told for years by cereal companies that is what we should eat. It is in their interest to make you believe that because they make Billions by selling people the stuff much of it which is laden with sugar and salt and gluten

I am not telling anyone not to eat breakfast but it is possible to thrive without it and there is growing scientific evidence that going for longer periods without food is good for you
Wyattj99

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 213

      quote  
Posted: 19 Apr 2013, 07:55
Really..you don't understand my point...lol if you read what we have wrote I just said it plain and simple...since you don't eat breakfast and I do as I said everyone is different. How hard is that to understand?
1st Goal: 150 lbs
2nd Goal: 135 lbs
3rd Goal: 125 lbs


Jamie



Forum Search
Advanced forum search



Latest Posts

Still Sticking to It
Still on track. Yesterday had an epic 3 1/2 hours in the garden. Was so worn out could hardly sleep. Muscles in the morning pft lol. Loved it though. Did a bit of planting today of new vegies. So hope ...
by gazu64 on 26 Nov 14 02:38 AM
pre thanksgiving workouts
yesterday 6 miles of hills chest press pushups abs battle ropes today 5 mile steady state jump squats jumping lunges ox jumps one legged box jumps lateral lunges abs trying to lose weight for the ...
by eileenguyen on 25 Nov 14 07:00 PM
diet "supplements"
metal bev wrote: Just out of curiousity....has anyone out there tried various weight loss "supplements"?? I have tried rasberry ketones, saffron, meratrim, and garcinia ...... none have any ...
by mummydee on 25 Nov 14 05:49 PM
Nutrimost Resonant Frequency
It's NOT worth the money. You can do a 500 calorie VLCD for Free. All the benefits you're experiencing from doing this diet is because your body has gone into KETOSIS from being on a Very Low ...
by ebivr on 25 Nov 14 02:59 PM
are you ready for the holidays?
Good luck Eileen. Sounds like you've got a good plan.
by LittleRedFlatBack on 25 Nov 14 12:44 PM

Member Tip

average member ranking
by member Sharon Caulkins
eat regularly
07 Jun 13 for diet The South Beach Diet