ALL THINGS FOOD AND DIET
I Want To:
Record a Journal Entry
My Weight History
My Diet Calendar
My Forum Posts
My Cook Book
Go To My FatSecret
Diets and Dieting
weight watchers favorite food or must haves!!
Topic submitted for
Joined: Feb 09
Posted: 14 Feb 2009, 18:23
i just joined weight watchers my point daily is 40 points pretty high huh? so is there any particular food you like that you would reccommended me getting? im going shopping and im making a list on what to get!! plz any ideas would help!!
Joined: Oct 08
Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 07:13
apples! i try to eat 1-2 per day, they are only 1 point, filling, and loaded with fiber, when i have a case of the munchies mid-day and want to snack before dinner,i eat an apple it really takes the edge off, and if you eat one about 1/2 hour before a big meal it helps to keep you from over eating. i also try to keep the 1 point bars and WW snacks around to keep me satisfied when i'm feeling the need to binge.(the new WW brownies are terrific and only 2 points!)
Joined: Aug 08
Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 08:49
Since, I like chocolate, I like the hostess 100 calorie pack, cupcakes, weight watcher's brownies and chocolate cake and oreo 100 calorie pack and fat free chocolate pudding!!!!!!
To insure good health: Eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life
Joined: Nov 08
Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 11:19
lays light chips
craisins 100 calorie packs
nature's own light wheat bread
kraft fat-free italian dressing
fat-free pudding & yogurt
weight watchers string cheese
campbell's healthy request soups
arnold's sandwich thins
One day your life will flash before your eyes - Make sure it's worth watching.(:
Joined: Feb 09
Posted: 17 Feb 2009, 00:43
-low fat cheese. I get light string cheeses(any brand for me). 1pt each.
-better n peanut butter- love this 100cal peanut butter. esp with apples
-salsa-try different types than just regular. I love pineapple/mango right now. helps make a great blackbean taco salad.
Joined: Mar 09
Posted: 16 Mar 2009, 03:03
Best shopping list you can use is the one at the back of your weekly tracker, thats what I use and its awesome.
- Salsa is the best (i use it on salads, in omlets, baked potatoes (salsa + cottage cheese), for a snack with celery, in soup, the possibilities are endless)
- Hummus (great on wraps, for a veggie dip, on toast)I usually make my own its way cheaper then store bought
1 can garbanzo beans
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp fat free plain yogurt (you can put a little more to make it creamier)
pepper to taste
lemon juice to taste
^makes 2 servings, each serving is 5 points. it fills you up and has a lot of nutrients.
- Try to eat as much filling foods as you can. They are the best nutrients wise and fill you up. They will be the ones in green writing in any food lists.
- Popcorn I eat almost every day. Smart Pop is my favoruite one.
Some tips that have helped me lose weight with WW:
- drink lots water! if you are working out you should be drinking lots of water before, during and after activity. being thirsty is a sign that your body is dehydrated, but if you drink enough water for your body you should not get this feeling.
- you want to have foods with fibre
- watch the sodium, you shouldnt have more then 2400mg/day. it helps you loose weight.
- exercise helps soo much. find something you like and stick with it. but if you are exercising you will need to drink more water and make sure you eat a well balanced diet.
- easy on the snacks (especially sweets and salty ones). if you find your snacking too much or really hungry (happens especially if your working out a lot), have 5 smaller meals throughout the day rather then 3 large ones.
-past 7 or 8pm only drink water or ill have green tea (with nothing in it).
- watch your portions. my mom bought a scale and out of curiosity i weighed a banana i was about to eat (and count as points for one banana). turns out the banana was 3 bananas after i weighed it!!!
Hope this helps
Get fit or die trying.
Advanced forum search
Diets and Dieting
Special Dieting Situations
Promote your Diet
Food and Recipes
Tricks of the Trade
Look at Me
Fitness & Exercise
My Fitness Program
Different Types of Exercise
Life is Fun
My Secrets for a Great Life
The FatSecret Site
View All Weight Watchers Topics
HCG Warrior Diet Drops??
You don't know something until you have lived it or experienced it first hand. I experienced this diet and It worked extremely well. Why are people who never even tried this diet knocking it. we d ...
on 24 May 13 07:10 PM
Tamaralynn, I swear by the diabetic socks. Its constant pressure really helps me. They are knee high so not appropriate for all fashion. I found my at Rite Aid. Black and white pairs. I agree with all ...
on 24 May 13 04:58 PM
I might be the last person to discover this
on 24 May 13 01:13 PM
fluke62 wrote: :cry: totally gutted n feel like poo now, little boy sent home from school poorly so I didn't get out for my power walk this afternoon, got bored and binged on all sorts of rubbish ...
on 24 May 13 12:43 PM
My first gym experience
My niece invited me to a master class at the gym where she teaches a few classes and works out. Thrilled about it. It will be a first. Really want to go, but dreading the possibility that I'm going ...
on 24 May 13 09:47 AM
view more posts
Tip - food diary is absolutely necessary. Kashi with skim milk - very filling breakfast!!!
04 May 13 for diet
view more tips
© 2013 FatSecret. All rights reserved.