ALL THINGS FOOD AND DIET
I Want To:
Record a Journal Entry
My Weight History
My Diet Calendar
My Forum Posts
My Cook Book
Go To My FatSecret
Diets and Dieting
weight watchers favorite food or must haves!!
Topic submitted for
Joined: Feb 09
Posted: 14 Feb 2009, 18:23
i just joined weight watchers my point daily is 40 points pretty high huh? so is there any particular food you like that you would reccommended me getting? im going shopping and im making a list on what to get!! plz any ideas would help!!
Joined: Oct 08
Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 07:13
apples! i try to eat 1-2 per day, they are only 1 point, filling, and loaded with fiber, when i have a case of the munchies mid-day and want to snack before dinner,i eat an apple it really takes the edge off, and if you eat one about 1/2 hour before a big meal it helps to keep you from over eating. i also try to keep the 1 point bars and WW snacks around to keep me satisfied when i'm feeling the need to binge.(the new WW brownies are terrific and only 2 points!)
Joined: Aug 08
Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 08:49
Since, I like chocolate, I like the hostess 100 calorie pack, cupcakes, weight watcher's brownies and chocolate cake and oreo 100 calorie pack and fat free chocolate pudding!!!!!!
To insure good health: Eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life
Joined: Nov 08
Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 11:19
lays light chips
craisins 100 calorie packs
nature's own light wheat bread
kraft fat-free italian dressing
fat-free pudding & yogurt
weight watchers string cheese
campbell's healthy request soups
arnold's sandwich thins
One day your life will flash before your eyes - Make sure it's worth watching.(:
Joined: Feb 09
Posted: 17 Feb 2009, 00:43
-low fat cheese. I get light string cheeses(any brand for me). 1pt each.
-better n peanut butter- love this 100cal peanut butter. esp with apples
-salsa-try different types than just regular. I love pineapple/mango right now. helps make a great blackbean taco salad.
Joined: Mar 09
Posted: 16 Mar 2009, 03:03
Best shopping list you can use is the one at the back of your weekly tracker, thats what I use and its awesome.
- Salsa is the best (i use it on salads, in omlets, baked potatoes (salsa + cottage cheese), for a snack with celery, in soup, the possibilities are endless)
- Hummus (great on wraps, for a veggie dip, on toast)I usually make my own its way cheaper then store bought
1 can garbanzo beans
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp fat free plain yogurt (you can put a little more to make it creamier)
pepper to taste
lemon juice to taste
^makes 2 servings, each serving is 5 points. it fills you up and has a lot of nutrients.
- Try to eat as much filling foods as you can. They are the best nutrients wise and fill you up. They will be the ones in green writing in any food lists.
- Popcorn I eat almost every day. Smart Pop is my favoruite one.
Some tips that have helped me lose weight with WW:
- drink lots water! if you are working out you should be drinking lots of water before, during and after activity. being thirsty is a sign that your body is dehydrated, but if you drink enough water for your body you should not get this feeling.
- you want to have foods with fibre
- watch the sodium, you shouldnt have more then 2400mg/day. it helps you loose weight.
- exercise helps soo much. find something you like and stick with it. but if you are exercising you will need to drink more water and make sure you eat a well balanced diet.
- easy on the snacks (especially sweets and salty ones). if you find your snacking too much or really hungry (happens especially if your working out a lot), have 5 smaller meals throughout the day rather then 3 large ones.
-past 7 or 8pm only drink water or ill have green tea (with nothing in it).
- watch your portions. my mom bought a scale and out of curiosity i weighed a banana i was about to eat (and count as points for one banana). turns out the banana was 3 bananas after i weighed it!!!
Hope this helps
Get fit or die trying.
Advanced forum search
Diets and Dieting
Special Dieting Situations
Promote your Diet
Food and Recipes
Tricks of the Trade
Look at Me
Fitness & Exercise
My Fitness Program
Different Types of Exercise
Life is Fun
My Secrets for a Great Life
The FatSecret Site
View All Weight Watchers Topics
log in your foods on a daily basis. This can be a real eye opener if you've never done it before. It can give you information that is important to your health, such as your daily sodium count. I ...
on 23 May 13 07:54 PM
tomorrow is the new start
Hi all, I've registered on here tonight so the diet can start first thing tomorrow. I think I have had my head in the sand for so long ignoring the fact I really need to lose weight that I have c ...
on 23 May 13 06:05 PM
You lost what?!
80 pounds = the Worlds Largest Ball of Tape 90 pounds = a newborn calf Im in-between these. I have about 15-10 lbs left to lose which will make it just over 100 lbs. lost.
on 23 May 13 04:37 PM
jlmh67456 wrote: finally out of the 170's!!!! first time in a few years! can't wait to see the 150's again! :) That is absolutely, positively wonderful! I know I would be jumping for ...
on 23 May 13 01:25 PM
How do I delete a food that I added by mistake? :-)
Click on the food item in the breakfast, lunch or dinner or snack category that you want to delete. When the next screen comes up, look to the right. There is a small box that that has the serving o ...
on 23 May 13 01:18 PM
view more posts
Tip - food diary is absolutely necessary. Kashi with skim milk - very filling breakfast!!!
04 May 13 for diet
view more tips
© 2013 FatSecret. All rights reserved.