* 1 1/2 lb ground beef (pretty lean)
* 1 package taco seasoning mix (Taco Bell, Ortega, etc.)
* 1 green onion, finley diced
* 2 eggs
* 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
* 1 block sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Beat eggs and mix all ingredients except the cheese together. Mold a Tablespoon of meat around a cube of cheese to form a small shaped meatball. Repeat with all meat.
Place on edged cookie sheet (sprayed with PAM) and bake at 425°F for 7 to 10 minutes or until meat is done and cheese has melted.
Serves 10-15 people. Less than 1 carb per meatball. Cheese Puffs
* 1 small pkg. (3-4 oz.) cream cheese
* 1/4 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, grated or shredded
* 1/4 lb (1 stick) butter
* 2 egg whites (room temperature)
* 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
* 1 bag (full size – 3-4 oz.) plain pork rinds
Melt cream cheese, cheddar cheese and butter in a double boiler or in microwave. Cool for 5 minutes. Meanwhile beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry. Carefully fold cheese mixture into beaten egg whites, being careful not to break down whites. Dip pork rinds into mixture to evenly coat and then place on wax paper or parchment covered plate. Let stand in refrigerator overnight.
Preheat the oven to 250°F.
Spread puffs evenly across cookie sheet and bake a slow oven, (250°F.) for approximately one hour, or until crisp. The finished puff texture is somewhat like a puffy cookie.
Total carbohydrates in recipe: 7.5 grams.Bacon cheeseball
* 1 pound bacon
* 8 oz cream cheese – softened
* 8 oz cheddar cheese – shredded
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
* 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Cook bacon; drain and crumble. Combine with rest of ingredients (except nuts) and form into ball. Roll in nuts.
Entire cheese ball has 13 grams carbohydrates.