10 PAGES
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
previous topic · next topic
Clueless101

Joined: May 13
Posts: 254

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 04:31
Diablo360x wrote:
WOW, I did not believe there were so many misguided people on this website. Low carb works because it helps people adhere to a calorie deficit end of story. There is NOTHING special about it. If anything it is needlessly strict and depressing to me. The glycemic index does NOT matter when it comes to weight balance. You can eat 100% carbs and lose weight in a calorie deficit. Poor people. Where are all of your profile pictures?


I would like to see that experiment. Would you try it. You eat 100 % carbs and see if you can lose weight and maintain lbm. This will be a great experiment. Please try it. IF it works we will all know that we are wrong about LC.
Spacey47

Joined: Apr 12
Posts: 916

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 04:42
Clueless101 wrote:


I would like to see that experiment. Would you try it. You eat 100 % carbs and see if you can lose weight and maintain lbm. This will be a great experiment. Please try it. IF it works we will all know that we are wrong about LC.


A scientist actually did an experiment where all he ate was ice cream and he lost weight! because he was eating in a caloric deficit.

No one was saying it was the healthiest thing to do but he lost weight end of story

If someone locked you in a room/building and forced you to eat just carbs or a moderate to high carb diet UNDER your caloric expenditure you actually THINK you would gain weight and defy every law of science about energy!


Spacey47

Joined: Apr 12
Posts: 916

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 05:08
Diablo360x wrote:
Poor people. Where are all of your profile pictures?


I have to agree on that one!

some people state that they have been LC for 7 years

and still HAVENT reached their goal and are clearly not happy with how they look


What people and I mean people in general both male and female but my personal experience has been more with female than male

TOTALLY UNDERESTIMATE HOW MUCH THEY EAT AND TOTALLY OVERSTIMATE HOW MUCH ACTIVTY THEY DO AND THEREFORE HOW MANY CALORIES THEY ARE REALLY BURNING.

I work with a lot of women generally very nice and funny and great colleagues but they have some of the MOST BLINKERED outmoded views on health and weight loss that in these days of access to the internet and information in general is STAGGERING TO COMPREHEND

I NEVER initiate weight loss conversations with them .........EVER.. , but boy do they do so with me. Obviously especially since I have gotten myself back into great shape and lost so much weight and kept it off for so long

They obsess over food always looking at what im eating and making friendly HEALTHY FOOD again today comments normally large chunks of chicken or turkey with veg and fruit, staring dolefully at the sad limp
salads with cottage cheese that they choke down their
throats with those awful rice crackers.

Then to cheer themselves up

OUT COME THE CAKES, SWEETS AND BISCUITS IN THE AFTERNOON



You should see there faces when I tell them ..what I consider to be a standard workout routine ..they come with EVERY EXCUSE as to why its impossible for them to do so normally kids, husband , work, shopping, cleaning etc


FUNNY BUT THEY CAN ALL QUOTE EVERY SOAP OPERA THAT ARE ON TV FOR HOURS EACH EVENING, OR MAKE TIME FOR THE NAIL SALON OR COFFEE MORNINGS OR LUNCH DATES!

To stay in SHAPE takes commitment and focus and persistence

I know I FAILED for YEARS myself......now I know different



Clueless101

Joined: May 13
Posts: 254

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 05:11
No, for me, I would say if I ate between 1300 and 1400 calories a day of ice cream, I would not lose weight, unless the weight is muscle mass. I could lose muscle mass on a strictly ice cream diet. Since my muscle mass breaks down to about 49 lbs, I would say I could lose some of that 49 lbs, but I would also say that my body would start to store fat so likely I might not see that much of a loss if any on the scale.
Now If I dropped my calories to 800 of 1200 a day, I would start to see the scale drop, along with thyroid function, and plenty of LBM, but if you checked my % of body fat I am very sure that would go up.
Spacey47

Joined: Apr 12
Posts: 916

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 05:32
Clueless101 wrote:
No, for me, I would say if I ate between 1300 and 1400 calories a day of ice cream, I would not lose weight, unless the weight is muscle mass. I could lose muscle mass on a strictly ice cream diet. Since my muscle mass breaks down to about 49 lbs, I would say I could lose some of that 49 lbs, but I would also say that my body would start to store fat so likely I might not see that much of a loss if any on the scale.
Now If I dropped my calories to 800 of 1200 a day, I would start to see the scale drop, along with thyroid function, and plenty of LBM, but if you checked my % of body fat I am very sure that would go up.


I would say.... I am Very Sure.........If you checked......I would also say....Likely I might

= YOU DONT KNOW!


btw all caloric deficit diets result in some loss of LBM which is where exercise and protein have an impact on how much will be lost.





Clueless101

Joined: May 13
Posts: 254

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 05:37
Spacey47 wrote:
Diablo360x wrote:
Poor people. Where are all of your profile pictures?


I have to agree on that one!

some people state that they have been LC for 7 years

and still HAVENT reached their goal and are clearly not happy with how they look


What people and I mean people in general both male and female but my personal experience has been more with female than male

TOTALLY UNDERESTIMATE HOW MUCH THEY EAT AND TOTALLY OVERSTIMATE HOW MUCH ACTIVTY THEY DO AND THEREFORE HOW MANY CALORIES THEY ARE REALLY BURNING.

I work with a lot of women generally very nice and funny and great colleagues but they have some of the MOST BLINKERED outmoded views on health and weight loss that in these days of access to the internet and information in general is STAGGERING TO COMPREHEND

I NEVER initiate weight loss conversations with them .........EVER.. , but boy do they do so with me. Obviously especially since I have gotten myself back into great shape and lost so much weight and kept it off for so long

They obsess over food always looking at what im eating and making friendly HEALTHY FOOD again today comments normally large chunks of chicken or turkey with veg and fruit, staring dolefully at the sad limp
salads with cottage cheese that they choke down their
throats with those awful rice crackers.

Then to cheer themselves up

OUT COME THE CAKES, SWEETS AND BISCUITS IN THE AFTERNOON



You should see there faces when I tell them ..what I consider to be a standard workout routine ..they come with EVERY EXCUSE as to why its impossible for them to do so normally kids, husband , work, shopping, cleaning etc


FUNNY BUT THEY CAN ALL QUOTE EVERY SOAP OPERA THAT ARE ON TV FOR HOURS EACH EVENING, OR MAKE TIME FOR THE NAIL SALON OR COFFEE MORNINGS OR LUNCH DATES!

To stay in SHAPE takes commitment and focus and persistence

I know I FAILED for YEARS myself......now I know different





Wow us dumb ole women, I mean, how do you big strong men stand it? What in the world would we do without you?
Lucky for us, we have Spacey to tell us that we don't know anything or else we might not know.
Wow, for the last 6 months I thought I was losing body fat and getting healthy. Dumb ole me. I was wrong! I was doing it all wrong! MAN! Thank you Spacey for showing me the light. Gosh!

I gots ta brush up on my soap operas too! Woops wait, do they even show soap operas any more? IDK?
Clueless101

Joined: May 13
Posts: 254

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 05:40
OK Thanks Spacey, I made the corrections.Smile
No, for me, I am very sure if I ate between 1300 and 1400 calories a day of ice cream, I would not lose weight, unless the weight is muscle mass. I could lose muscle mass on a strictly ice cream diet. Since my muscle mass breaks down to about 49 lbs, I am very sure I could lose some of that 49 lbs, but I very sure that my body would start to store fat so likely I would not see that much of a loss if any on the scale.
Now If I dropped my calories to 800 of 1200 a day, I might start to see the scale drop, along with thyroid function, and plenty of LBM, but if you checked my % of body fat I am very sure that would go up.
Clueless101

Joined: May 13
Posts: 254

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 05:55
Spacey47 wrote:
They obsess over food always looking at what im eating and making friendly HEALTHY FOOD again today comments normally large chunks of chicken or turkey with veg and fruit, staring dolefully at the sad limp
salads with cottage cheese that they choke down their
throats with those awful rice crackers.

Then to cheer themselves up

OUT COME THE CAKES, SWEETS AND BISCUITS IN THE AFTERNOON





Wait, ya mean they shouldn't eat all those carby goodies. I thought you just said we could lose weight eating ice cream and nothing BUT ice cream. Oh Spacey, my feeble little female mind is confused. So you think they should eat meat and veggies and leave out the carby goodies. Humm I eat meat and veggies. and didn't you say you eat chocolate? Hey me too. I eat the 85% Cocoa. Hey I bet that you eat that too. And you don't eat grains, hey! me either. Humm Your diet sounds kind of Low carb. I bet you keep your carbs under 30% of you intake. But what do I know, I am jus a girl.
Diablo360x

Joined: Jul 11
Posts: 797

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 06:03
Clueless101 wrote:
[quote=Spacey47]
Wow us dumb ole women, I mean, how do you big strong men stand it? What in the world would we do without you?
Lucky for us, we have Spacey to tell us that we don't know anything or else we might not know.
Wow, for the last 6 months I thought I was losing body fat and getting healthy. Dumb ole me. I was wrong! I was doing it all wrong! MAN! Thank you Spacey for showing me the light. Gosh!

I gots ta brush up on my soap operas too! Woops wait, do they even show soap operas any more? IDK?


We are not saying what you're doing does not work, we are simply stating the fact that it is not the ONLY way, only a unnecessarily strict path to the same destination. If you love that form of dieting, than by all means stick to it. All I care about it making everyone's journey the easiest possible. If certain foods make you eat non-stop than avoid them if you must, but do not for a second try to tell people that certain foods contain magical calories that your body creates out of thin air to keep you fat, it is not possible.

On the subject of a 100% carb diet, it is essentially impossible to have only carbs but I did not mention lbm retention, only that you would lose weight in a calorie deficit regardless of macronutrient breakdown. Trust me, I also thought sugar was the devil in the past. I then was shown these articles debunking the myths I use to believe.I then proceeded to test it out on myself. I went extreme with it too, I was having 2 pints of ben and jerry's per day, pizza, you name it, I went from 220lbs. to 175lbs, while retaining str and muscle mass. Now I was having a daily protein shake but I was just out to test the glycemic index myth at the time. Yes, protein is still important in retaining muscle but carbs are also important for weightlifters as they provide the most efficient form of energy and just make your body perform optimally, they are not essential but since they provide these benefits, they are also muscle sparing.
Love your food or risk failure. No quick fixes, this is a lifestyle change. No extremes are needed just consistency.
Diablo360x

Joined: Jul 11
Posts: 797

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 06:09
Clueless101 wrote:

I eat the 85% Cocoa. Hey I bet that you eat that too. And you don't eat grains, hey! me either. Humm Your diet sounds kind of Low carb. I bet you keep your carbs under 30% of you intake. But what do I know, I am jus a girl.


Haha, and you think 85% cocoa is somehow special, don't you? I have 54% of my calories from carbs, come at me girlfriend.
Love your food or risk failure. No quick fixes, this is a lifestyle change. No extremes are needed just consistency.
mummydee

Joined: Feb 10
Posts: 2,070

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 06:10
Diablo wrote "I then was shown these articles debunking the myths I use to believe.I then proceeded to test it out on myself."

Oh someone showed him some articles and he decided to test it on himself? I say good for him....

Spacey, you called me weak minded for doing the same thing. Will you now say the same thing to Diablo?

Clueless101

Joined: May 13
Posts: 254

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 06:16
Diablo360x wrote:
Clueless101 wrote:

I eat the 85% Cocoa. Hey I bet that you eat that too. And you don't eat grains, hey! me either. Humm Your diet sounds kind of Low carb. I bet you keep your carbs under 30% of you intake. But what do I know, I am jus a girl.


Haha, and you think 85% cocoa is somehow special, don't you? I have 54% of my calories from carbs, come at me girlfriend.


Nope, I would say you practice what you preach. You actually do eat higher carbs and it works for you. It just didn't work for me.
I just eat the 85% cause it is lower in carbs and I like it.
Diablo360x

Joined: Jul 11
Posts: 797

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 06:40
Clueless101 wrote:
Diablo360x wrote:
Clueless101 wrote:

I eat the 85% Cocoa. Hey I bet that you eat that too. And you don't eat grains, hey! me either. Humm Your diet sounds kind of Low carb. I bet you keep your carbs under 30% of you intake. But what do I know, I am jus a girl.


Haha, and you think 85% cocoa is somehow special, don't you? I have 54% of my calories from carbs, come at me girlfriend.


Nope, I would say you practice what you preach. You actually do eat higher carbs and it works for you. It just didn't work for me.
I just eat the 85% cause it is lower in carbs and I like it.


Unless you're suffering from a medical complication that I've never heard of, it would also work for you I would just bet that you have never given it a proper chance. A certain way of eating should be a lifestyle and truly tested over an extended period of time, not something that is dropped for a new diet because results are not immediate. The thing with LC diets is that there is an initial large drop of water weight which makes people believe they found a magic bullet. From there they should continue to drop weight as carbs are a large part of the average persons diet and when people cut out such a prominent macro they will of course cut calories severely. This is most diets in a nutshell. People are simply cuting out various calorie sources. Less options=calorie deficit.
Love your food or risk failure. No quick fixes, this is a lifestyle change. No extremes are needed just consistency.
mummydee

Joined: Feb 10
Posts: 2,070

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 07:04
boy you do have a way of taking a post and twisting it so you can insult. I will ignore your name calling, i'm above that, Why is it that Kingkeld and Diablo can answer and chat in a mature manner but you have to resort to insults to make your points.
You are not worth my time and energy. please do not respond. I'm out of this thread it is no longer offering what I come on this site for and that is to exchange intelligent conversation. you seem to disease alot of threads that way. goodbye
Clueless101

Joined: May 13
Posts: 254

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 07:05
Spacey47 wrote:
You maybe jus a girl but not a very bright one



Sad
Clueless101

Joined: May 13
Posts: 254

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 07:20
mummydee wrote:
boy you do have a way of taking a post and twisting it so you can insult. I will ignore your name calling, i'm above that, Why is it that Kingkeld and Diablo can answer and chat in a mature manner but you have to resort to insults to make your points.
You are not worth my time and energy. please do not respond. I'm out of this thread it is no longer offering what I come on this site for and that is to exchange intelligent conversation. you seem to disease alot of threads that way. goodbye


Mummydee, come join us on the NK forum?
http://nkevolution.freeforums.net/
It is a nice, respectful place.Smile
Spacey47

Joined: Apr 12
Posts: 916

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 07:23
the last resort of the ignorant have a hissy fit and run off

case closed enjoy your future joint delusions
Spacey47

Joined: Apr 12
Posts: 916

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 07:25
mummydee wrote:
what I come on this site for and that is to exchange intelligent conversation. goodbye



you havent exchanged any intelligent conversation, just unfounded nonsense YOU asked me a question and i answered

now your running off crying because the answer showed you for who and what you are
reddarin

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 959

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 09:35
Wow!
mmoodd69

Joined: Jul 13
Posts: 126

      quote  
Posted: 08 Jul 2013, 09:40
Future Fat Guy just keeps on making friends, don't he.



Forum Search
Advanced forum search



Latest Posts

Should I lose weight?
I am currently struggling with my weight. I weigh 149 pounds I am 6 foot 2 inches and 19yo. I am fairly active, I run 3-5 miles 6 days a week, weight train 3 days a week and keep busy throughout the day. ...
by shanekearney on 31 Jul 14 08:59 AM
today is my birthday!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to u all...it wasn't great and there were no fun..but life is beautiful anyway..we can find happiness in even sad occasions...I'm going to have a puppy.I think it may make me happy..but ...
by sara698 on 31 Jul 14 08:54 AM
Bowel Movements
Try sprinkling ground flax seed or psyllium on everything you eat. A teaspoon here and there should give you some relief. Eat your fruit to get the fibre, don't drink it. Lots of high fibre ve ...
by mummydee on 31 Jul 14 04:44 AM
Having a go Joe!
Agree with you Mummydee about the alcohol, your body burns the easiest fuel first, and that is alcohol, then starch, unfortunately body fat as fuel comes last x Good luck Maggie, I don't see you as ...
by nb girl on 31 Jul 14 04:44 AM
Phentermine / Duromine : Discuss ???
Its not worth it to risk your health on these pills, about 4 years ago, I started taking a natural liquid that you add to your tea in the mornings or water, I lost weight, I felt jittery , went to get ...
by karenromiaih2002 on 30 Jul 14 07:55 PM