10 PAGES
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
previous topic · next topic
peaceandbles...

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 71

      quote  
Posted: 06 Jul 2013, 19:46
reddarin wrote:
peaceandblessings wrote:
@mmood69, @reddarin, Spacy47 agreed with my post which is from a nutritionist and a dietitian for Good Morning America. I both of you have been somewhat rude to Spacy47 simply because you both disagree. I ask that if you can't express your point without demeaning someone don't post in my forums for it makes no sense to react this way as adults. If you want to cut out carbs be my guess it was simply an informative link its as simple as that. This conversation has gone to far, questioning ones brain capacity and so forth. I dislike it....so, you do the LC diet or whatever its called and be sure you all can do this the rest of your lives...be realistic with your self's, but no more disrespectful comments and such. Thanks I appreciate it. Have a great weekend.


Yes I know and I asked him a moment ago not to speak that way to people because they have different views....maybe I should have read all the replies first. Man, this carb post has people going crazy I may delete it!

????

You are kidding right? Have you read Spacey's posts?

Your first post after creating the thread was to tell Spacey that you agreed with him. Now, why is that? Because Spacey clearly thought you were advocating low carb. *You* thought he thought that.


Quote:
Spacy47 did you go to the link? The article is about NOT cutting out Carbs and how to eat the healthy ones. I wasn't saying not to eat Carbs for our body needs them well the good ones anyway. This was for those who have decided to cut them out and I wanted them to know the risk of doing so.


Here is the first untoward thing said. Note who says it:

Spacey47 wrote:
7 years and still not at your target weight sounds like failure to me!


Read the post he was responding to. It was totally respectful and inoffensive.

And yet mmod and I are the rude ones? lol dang! I mean, come on.

I try to keep my rudeness witty at least. Not so with the person that somehow wasn't mentioned in your don't be rude admonishment.

I am only disrespectful to those that are disrespectful first. I'm sure I've failed to follow the principle a few times in the last several years but not on FS as far as I know. If you can show me otherwise I'd be eager to see it.

Heck, you know why Spacey mentioned the exercise tips thing? Because I asked him about exercise *after* he'd been a complete so and so to me about carbs. I thought striking up a conversation about neutral territory of mutual interest might indicate to him that I was interested in a civil discussion. That was wishful thinking on my part but I did give it a try. To be clear, he did try to answer what I asked about exercise to the best of his ability and without being juvenile. But that was as far as it went as you see here.

reddarin

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 959

      quote  
Posted: 06 Jul 2013, 19:48
P&B, your post was mangled by FS I think.
mmoodd69

Joined: Jul 13
Posts: 126

      quote  
Posted: 06 Jul 2013, 20:25
reddarin,

You've done championship work here but your two intended beneficiaries clearly won't or cannot understand what you're saying. You're wasting your time, forgive my saying so. I have never - NEVER - seen such hatefulness (yes, that's a word I rarely use but it fits) towards MERE EATING CHOICES than I have here.

The only time I've seen anything like this board tolerates is when mindless vegan drones and their related ilk try spamming low carb boards. They come pre-programmed and do not read any response because they can't compute it. They just spew nonsense. I have no doubt that's part of what's going on here...people who hate LC and paleo (though they almost never admit this) because it "murders meat." It's that, or undiagnosed schizophrenia, or lack of meds that explains the persistent childish fanaticism on display here and on other threads.

And that a grown woman would repeatedly defend such wickedness AND THEN say my polite, respectful, focused response to her link was somehow out of line...well...

Anyway, your responses were sterling and fun to read but I'm outta here. We both have better things to do with our time. Like eat meat and fats, lose more weight and get even healthier! Smile
reddarin

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 959

      quote  
Posted: 06 Jul 2013, 20:50
mmoodd69 wrote:
reddarin,

You've done championship work here but your two intended beneficiaries clearly won't or cannot understand what you're saying. You're wasting your time, forgive my saying so. I have never - NEVER - seen such hatefulness (yes, that's a word I rarely use but it fits) towards MERE EATING CHOICES than I have here.

The only time I've seen anything like this board tolerates is when mindless vegan drones and their related ilk try spamming low carb boards. They come pre-programmed and do not read any response because they can't compute it. They just spew nonsense. I have no doubt that's part of what's going on here...people who hate LC and paleo (though they almost never admit this) because it "murders meat." It's that, or undiagnosed schizophrenia, or lack of meds that explains the persistent childish fanaticism on display here and on other threads.

And that a grown woman would defend such wickedness AND say my polite, respectul, focused response to her link was somehow out of line...well...

Anyway, your responses were sterling and fun to read but I'm outta here. We both have better things to do with our time. Like eat meat and fats, and lose more weight! Smile


Thanks Smile

Really, my aim is to help others understand why what is being said by the anti-LC crowd is either flatly wrong or a half-truth and the logic (or lack of) is breathtaking sometimes. Half baked arguments that fall over with the faintest breeze. Making fun of you know who is just icing on the almond flour cake heh.

It is disagreeable to be told that you must be stupid and lazy if you are fat. What sort of person thinks that about complete strangers? People he knows nothing about other than they are having a problem losing weight? Well, we know what sort of person. Thank God most people that follow the mainstream line of thinking are actually pleasant people like the OP. Misguided but not purposefully offensive.
mmoodd69

Joined: Jul 13
Posts: 126

      quote  
Posted: 06 Jul 2013, 21:42
"What sort of person thinks that about complete strangers?"

More people than not, probably and unfortunately. The real question is, what kind of person SAYS that to a total stranger? And what other kind of person IGNORES and DEFENDS him when he does it? Now we know.

Unsubscribing from this thread...
peaceandbles...

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 71

      quote  
Posted: 06 Jul 2013, 23:13
mmoodd69 wrote:
"What sort of person thinks that about complete strangers?"

More people than not, probably and unfortunately. The real question is, what kind of person SAYS that to a total stranger? And what other kind of person IGNORES and DEFENDS him when he does it? Now we know.

Unsubscribing from this thread...


First of all I apologized for defending his behavior after I had read his rude and harsh comments. If you feel I'm defending it then so be it and please do unsubscribe. My post was an awareness one and someone else turned it into a sh**t fest not I. I'm a woman of integrity, morals and values so, I would never excuse that type if behavior. Maybe if you had read my last post you would have known that.
peaceandbles...

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 71

      quote  
Posted: 06 Jul 2013, 23:14
reddarin wrote:
P&B, your post was mangled by FS I think.

Sorry, what does this mean?
peaceandbles...

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 71

      quote  
Posted: 06 Jul 2013, 23:21
mmoodd69 wrote:
reddarin,

You've done championship work here but your two intended beneficiaries clearly won't or cannot understand what you're saying. You're wasting your time, forgive my saying so. I have never - NEVER - seen such hatefulness (yes, that's a word I rarely use but it fits) towards MERE EATING CHOICES than I have here.

The only time I've seen anything like this board tolerates is when mindless vegan drones and their related ilk try spamming low carb boards. They come pre-programmed and do not read any response because they can't compute it. They just spew nonsense. I have no doubt that's part of what's going on here...people who hate LC and paleo (though they almost never admit this) because it "murders meat." It's that, or undiagnosed schizophrenia, or lack of meds that explains the persistent childish fanaticism on display here and on other threads.

And that a grown woman would repeatedly defend such wickedness AND THEN say my polite, respectful, focused response to her link was somehow out of line...well...

Anyway, your responses were sterling and fun to read but I'm outta here. We both have better things to do with our time. Like eat meat and fats, lose more weight and get even healthier! Smile


I totally understand what's being said by mmoodd69 since I'm not void of comprehension. Please don't place me a category with Spacy....because of his disrepectfulness on my post...that's unfair. You're right we all have better things to do but let me make it clear I WAS NOT IN ANYWAY CONDONING WHAT AND HOW HE WAS SAYING ANYTHING. I'd like that to be respected and heard.
peaceandbles...

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 71

      quote  
Posted: 06 Jul 2013, 23:23
mmoodd69 wrote:
reddarin,

You've done championship work here but your two intended beneficiaries clearly won't or cannot understand what you're saying. You're wasting your time, forgive my saying so. I have never - NEVER - seen such hatefulness (yes, that's a word I rarely use but it fits) towards MERE EATING CHOICES than I have here.

The only time I've seen anything like this board tolerates is when mindless vegan drones and their related ilk try spamming low carb boards. They come pre-programmed and do not read any response because they can't compute it. They just spew nonsense. I have no doubt that's part of what's going on here...people who hate LC and paleo (though they almost never admit this) because it "murders meat." It's that, or undiagnosed schizophrenia, or lack of meds that explains the persistent childish fanaticism on display here and on other threads.

And that a grown woman would repeatedly defend such wickedness AND THEN say my polite, respectful, focused response to her link was somehow out of line...well...

Anyway, your responses were sterling and fun to read but I'm outta here. We both have better things to do with our time. Like eat meat and fats, lose more weight and get even healthier! Smile


Not a hateful spirit in me, please stop making assumptions where I'm concerned.
reddarin

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 959

      quote  
Posted: 07 Jul 2013, 10:18
Spacey47 wrote:
at the 2 LC zealots please close the door behind you on the way out.


To this wall of text post, and I cast no stones since I do the same thing lol, I say this:

Gary Taubes gives a lecture that his best selling book Why We Get Fat was based on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEWc5fL04o0

Video blurb:
Quote:
Uploaded on Jan 8, 2012

In the summer of 2011, journalist Gary Taubes, author of Good Calories, Bad Calories and Why We Get Fat, spoke to JumpstartMD staff and patients about his weight loss research. He explains why the modern American diet causes obesity.


About Taubes:
http://garytaubes.com/biography/
Quote:
Biography

Gary Taubes (born April 30, 1956) is an American science writer. He is the author of Nobel Dreams (1987), Bad Science: The Short Life and Weird Times of Cold Fusion (1993), and Good Calories, Bad Calories (2007), which is titled The Diet Delusion in the UK. He has won the Science in Society Award of the National Association of Science Writers three times and was awarded an MIT Knight Science Journalism Fellowship for 1996-97.

Born in Rochester, New York, Taubes studied applied physics at Harvard and aerospace engineering at Stanford (MS, 1978 ). After receiving a master’s degree in journalism at Columbia University in 1981, Taubes joined Discover magazine as a staff reporter in 1982. Since then he has written numerous articles for Discover, Science and other magazines. Originally focusing on physics issues, his interests have more recently turned to medicine and nutrition.

Taubes’ books have all dealt with scientific controversies. Nobel Dreams takes a critical look at the politics and experimental techniques behind the Nobel Prize-winning work of physicist Carlo Rubbia. Bad Science is a chronicle of the short-lived media frenzy surrounding the Pons-Fleischmann cold fusion experiments of 1989.
reddarin

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 959

      quote  
Posted: 07 Jul 2013, 10:21
peaceandblessings wrote:
reddarin wrote:
P&B, your post was mangled by FS I think.

Sorry, what does this mean?


Sometimes when you quote another post FatSecret messes up the whole post. With the post I was talking about there was one post of mine that you quoted that was quoted twice but no text from you.

No worries Smile
reddarin

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 959

      quote  
Posted: 07 Jul 2013, 10:25
Spacey47 wrote:
at the 2 LC zealots please close the door behind you on the way out.


Hey, why are *we* zealots? Because we promote a particular paradigm? Doesn't that make you a zealot? You promote a particular paradigm. Sure, we do it better but leaving that aside I think there is at least parity on the zealotry front if not your outstripping us along those lines.
mmoodd69

Joined: Jul 13
Posts: 126

      quote  
Posted: 07 Jul 2013, 12:08
Zealots insist others believe as they do and attack anyone who won't.

I have never once insisted anyone adopt LC. Nor has reddarin.

Space-Case, the FFG, spews his ignorance on every LC thread he can find, using insults like 'crazy,' 'stupid' and 'loser' about matters which he does not understand. Even when he's politely asked to leave, he won't.

So ask yourself...who is the zealot here?

Peaceandblessings, I'm posting this comment for your benefit only: now do you see what we mean?
Lissaloolah

Joined: Jun 13
Posts: 56

      quote  
Posted: 07 Jul 2013, 12:48
Think this whole thread had been taken way out of proportion.Argue a point yes but it is becomming a he said/she said fest.this isn't fair on peace&blessings nor anyone else who wants to read the thread for info.adults being bitchy is pathetic and should have been left in the playground.Make proper valid appropriate points or not at all.this isn't facebook.p&b has asked people to not do this on her thread.please respect.
reddarin

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 959

      quote  
Posted: 07 Jul 2013, 12:55
mmw1 wrote:
Think this whole thread had been taken way out of proportion.Argue a point yes but it is becomming a he said/she said fest.this isn't fair on peace&blessings nor anyone else who wants to read the thread for info.adults being bitchy is pathetic and should have been left in the playground.Make proper valid appropriate points or not at all.this isn't facebook.p&b has asked people to not do this on her thread.please respect.


Hmmmm.

Nope. It isn't fair to P&B. I guess we could just let the likes of Spacey say the most outrageous and obnoxious things and walk all over people.

Or not.

I choose not.

Maybe you find that pathetic. I find it pathetic to call other people pathetic.

Really. Gosh.

And, in case you missed it, the entire thread became back and forth with Spacey because *Spacey* demanded it. It isn't like that back and forth overwhelmed an otherwise calm discussion. The back and forth was the entire discussion.

Is your post respectful to P&B? Do you think wading in and calling other people pathetic and childish furthers your own point?
Lissaloolah

Joined: Jun 13
Posts: 56

      quote  
Posted: 07 Jul 2013, 13:08
I didnt wade in.i was already in the convo at the beginning but therewas a point where it wasnt really about the carbs anymore.it became a he said/she said fest.the carb part of the discussion really wasn't the topic then.i'm not pin pointing anybody.you all have valid points,all of you but stick to it and have a proper debate.my 'pathetic' wording was describing the situation not any of you personally.the wording being pathetic is very different to are pathetic.the reason i said it had been taken out of proportion was actually because he said he was agreeing and validating what she was saying.
reddarin

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 959

      quote  
Posted: 07 Jul 2013, 13:28
mmw1 wrote:
I didnt wade in.i was already in the convo at the beginning but therewas a point where it wasnt really about the carbs anymore.it became a he said/she said fest.the carb part of the discussion really wasn't the topic then.i'm not pin pointing anybody.you all have valid points,all of you but stick to it and have a proper debate.my 'pathetic' wording was describing the situation not any of you personally.


Right.
Spacey47

Joined: Apr 12
Posts: 916

      quote  
Posted: 07 Jul 2013, 13:58
reddarin wrote:
Spacey47 wrote:
at the 2 LC zealots please close the door behind you on the way out.


Hey, why are *we* zealots? Because we promote a particular paradigm? Doesn't that make you a zealot? You promote a particular paradigm. Sure, we do it better but leaving that aside I think there is at least parity on the zealotry front if not your outstripping us along those lines.


I don't think you promote anything at all apart from a nonsensical overly restrictive practice that is untenable for most people and totally unnecessary to lose and maintain a healthy weight.

Like I said before if it works for or you believe that it has magical properties Have at it...good luck

But if you DO lose weight its only because you are reducing your caloric intake below your RDI not some some effect of being LC per se.


I would rather not lead a RESTRICTED life and I would imagine the vast majority of people would not either
why go to all that trouble when you can succeed just as well without all that additional pressure.

there are people on this forum who have lost and kept off huge amounts of weight simply by managing their behaviour and choices and counting calories why make it EVEN harder if it does not have to be.

When LC people rattle on about carbs they always go straight to the Donut Diet example like donuts, cakes and biscuits are THE only carbs and people who eat a decent amount of them only eat simple sugar based carb food.

how small and narrow minded

eat fruit , eat veg all and if you feel like it some rice and grain if you don't have a physical issue with it. BILLIONS do and they are not obese or have high levels of so called 'metabolic' issues.





reddarin

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 959

      quote  
Posted: 07 Jul 2013, 15:20
Spacey47 wrote:
I don't think you promote anything at all apart from a nonsensical overly restrictive practice that is untenable for most people and totally unnecessary to lose and maintain a healthy weight.


Riiiiight. Well. As long as we know who gets to decide what is what I guess that is the end of the matter. heh

Quote:
Like I said before if it works for or you believe that it has magical properties Have at it...good luck


What??? When the heck have you ever said that? In that make believe post you made in the other thread about you always making positive posts? Holy Smoke!

The only thing you've said about someone not doing it your way is that they are wrong. Period. End of discussion. [Insert personal attacks and insults here].

Quote:
But if you DO lose weight its only because you are reducing your caloric intake below your RDI not some some effect of being LC per se.


Actually, you are wrong here. RDI has nothing to do with it. Every single person on the planet has a unique caloric expenditure so the salient thing is to get under your personal expenditure. *IF* you believe the body is a bomb calorimeter.

On the other hand, if you understand that human metabolism is a very complex and well regulated system you also understand that *what* you eat has as much to do with losing weight as how much you eat. You say that yourself when you say 'wel balanced'. You also say CICO but when you are challenged on that you fall back to 'yeah, but "well balanced" CICO'. It is silly. On the one hand you shout from the rooftops that it is 100% calories and on the other you say 'except that the calories matter' and then you curse everyone around if they don't agree with your confusing position.

Quote:
I would rather not lead a RESTRICTED life and I would imagine the vast majority of people would not either


I'm glad you brought that up again because it is another red herring. A false choice. An argument that is only surface deep.

According to *you* to lose weight you must, aside from the calories, eat a well balanced diet (and exercise but lets leave that out since the AHA and Sports medicine says that is wrong). So, you are *restriced* from indulging in too much of one thing or another in *every* category. Period.

LC, on the other hand, for the same calories *only* restricts carbohydrates and they are never 100% restricted. Essentially, *all* foods are available if it fits your implementation of LC. In practical terms, of course, most complex carbs are off limits but in practical terms the same is true of a so-called well balanced plan.

When you compare the two plans, yours and LC, the fact is LC is *less* restrictive.

Also, you like to bring out the birthday cake canard. Of course on LC you can have a cheat day like that just like any way of eating. And spare me the poop about it not being a cheat with the way you promote unless you are going to tell me that you insist that someone doing it your way eat birthday cake every day. Bah.

Quote:
why go to all that trouble when you can succeed just as well without all that additional pressure.


The point that you refuse to grasp is that your way fails for a whole lot of people. *That* is why people eat LC aside from the huge health benefits and the low inflammation nature of LC.

Quote:
there are people on this forum who have lost and kept off huge amounts of weight simply by managing their behaviour and choices and counting calories why make it EVEN harder if it does not have to be.


You do that a lot. Just because there are people *here* that are successful with what you think is right doesn't mean every person on the face of the glorious Earth can do it that way. Why is that so amazingly hard for you to understand? It isn't like it is a difficult concept.

Quote:
When LC people rattle on about carbs they always go straight to the Donut Diet example like donuts, cakes and biscuits are THE only carbs and people who eat a decent amount of them only eat simple sugar based carb food.


Hmmm. I thought the problem with LC was it is restricted. And here you are saying your way is restricted. That is when you aren't saying it is all about the calories. Make up your mind.

Quote:
how small and narrow minded


Is that self-deprecating humor? heh

Quote:
eat fruit , eat veg all and if you feel like it some rice and grain if you don't have a physical issue with it. BILLIONS do and they are not obese or have high levels of so called 'metabolic' issues.


Man your memory is going again. We've covered the world wide epidemic of obesity that you say is caused by the fact that the majority of the world's calories come from carbs. Knock Knock Knock. Hello! McFly!?!
ClassicRocke...

Joined: Jan 13
Posts: 950

      quote  
Posted: 07 Jul 2013, 15:33
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Or to put it simply, ROFLMAO.

Thanks Red... my smile for the day.

***It just means being more independent and not allowing your happiness to be dependent on someone else's demanding and contentious attitudes and actions.***

Wisdom from a friend


May I be free to be the me that I came into this world to be.



Forum Search
Advanced forum search



Latest Posts

Am I eating too little calories?
So this might be slightly off topic, but I have a question for mahjohn, but first some background. I just did a quick calculation, and for the month of Sept (similar to the previous 8 months), I averaged ...
by ckworksalot on 01 Oct 14 10:08 PM
When Submitting a Recipe what really happens?
It ends up in recipe limbo, and depending on your luck may stay there forever. Though I heard of some recipes that were eventually approved. A couple of years and FS upgrades ago it also meant that you ...
by Ingria on 01 Oct 14 09:41 PM
south beach diet vs. atkins
I'm not a breakfast eater Dixiebelle49, that makes this LCHF plan perfect for me because they have this lovely thing called BulletProof Coffee. It is a hot coffee drink that you mix your fats into ...
by debrafrederick on 01 Oct 14 09:14 PM
ABSOLUTELY INSANE! CAFFEINE UNDERWEAR???
I seriously don't know, but something like the HCG drops or Green Bean Coffee beans or whatever............ so hilarious! Really thinking that putting on underwear infused with caffeine would help ...
by mummydee on 01 Oct 14 07:16 PM
Eliminating Sugar - Where do you draw the line?
Well done! And be careful of fat free or reduced fat items, they have heaps of sugar! And I'm with you, fruit rocks! :)
by Sassperella on 01 Oct 14 06:39 PM