Interesting coincidence this post revived today ~ I'm finally enrolling my treadmill online (there's a nifty program attached that tracks my exercise progress yada yada - I'm just doing this to get the profile changed from the 6'7" 30 year old weighing 150lb factory setting) and there was a quiz about exercise excuses ~ thought I'd share as it seemed fitting for this topic. While it's purpose is: researchers have identified seven common physical activity barriers that make it difficult, if not impossible, to fit exercise into your day. But while these barriers are common, they are not insurmountable.
Identifying these barriers is an important first step in helping you get the most from your fitness program.
Anyway - here's the list from LifeSpan:
How likely are you to say?
1. My day is so busy now, I just don't think I can make the time to include physical activity in my regular schedule.
2. None of my family members or friends like to do anything active, so I don't have a chance to exercise.
3. I'm just too tired after work to get any exercise.
4. I've been thinking about getting more exercise, but I just can't seem to get started
5. I'm getting older so exercise can be risky.
6. I don't get enough exercise because I have never learned the skills for any sport.
7. I don't have access to jogging trails, swimming pools, bike paths, etc.
8. Physical activity takes too much time away from other commitments — time, work, family, etc.
9. I'm embarrassed about how I will look when I exercise with others.
10. I don't get enough sleep as it is. I just couldn't get up early or stay up late to get some exercise.
11. It's easier for me to find excuses not to exercise than to go out to do something.
12. I know of too many people who have hurt themselves by overdoing it with exercise.
13. I really can't see learning a new sport at my age.
14. It's just too expensive. You have to take a class or join a club or buy the right equipment.
15. My free times during the day are too short to include exercise.
16. My usual social activities with family or friends do not include physical activity.
17. I'm too tired during the week and I need the weekend to catch up on my rest.
18. I want to get more exercise, but I just can't seem to make myself stick to anything.
19. I'm afraid I might injure myself or have a heart attack.
20. I'm not good enough at any physical activity to make it fun.
21. If we had exercise facilities and showers at work, then I would be more likely to exercise.
Eat What you Love ~ Love What you Eat