Joined: Jan 11
Posted: 02 Jan 2013, 13:17
1. Don't over-exert yourself.
You should be able to maintain a short conversation without being out of breath.
2. Cardio or aerobic activities.
Achieve the aerobic activity recommendation through one of the following options:
A minimum of 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity per day (such as brisk walking) most days of the week
A minimum of 20 minutes of vigorous-intensity physical activity (such as jogging or running) 3 days a week
3. Resistance, strength-building, and weight-bearing activities.
At least two days a week, incorporate strength training into your routine. Strength training activities, such as weight lifting, burn calories and maintain and increase muscle strength and endurance. Aim for 6-8 strength training exercises with 8-12 repetitions per exercise.
4. Stretching/balancing exercises.
Stretching and balancing exercises improve flexibility, balance, and posture.
* Please Note: You should always consult your doctor before engaging in any sort of physical activity.