16 Healthiest Foods Ever

3 PAGES
1 | 2 | 3
previous topic · next topic
coconutprinc...

Joined: Feb 12
Posts: 113

      quote  
Posted: 07 May 2012, 15:57
I LOVE almost all of these!

sugarnot

Joined: May 12
Posts: 1

      quote  
Posted: 07 May 2012, 18:07
Asparagus should be in there!
coconutprinc...

Joined: Feb 12
Posts: 113

      quote  
Posted: 07 May 2012, 18:16
sugarnot wrote:
Asparagus should be in there!


YES! I agree! Smile Mmmm I LOVE asparagus!
GWMcolorado

Joined: Apr 12
Posts: 41

      quote  
Posted: 07 May 2012, 20:48
I'll eat pretty much everything on there except I hate cantaloupe, and I don't really care for raisins. And yes asparagus should be on there. Roasted in the oven with a little olive oil, salt and pepper? Yum! All you need right there Razz
suremeansyes

Joined: May 10
Posts: 142

      quote  
Posted: 07 May 2012, 21:31
I love all of it but raisins, YUCK!
coconutprinc...

Joined: Feb 12
Posts: 113

      quote  
Posted: 08 May 2012, 11:19
GWMcolorado wrote:
I'll eat pretty much everything on there except I hate cantaloupe, and I don't really care for raisins. And yes asparagus should be on there. Roasted in the oven with a little olive oil, salt and pepper? Yum! All you need right there Razz


Yum! My favorite way to eat asparagus... sometimes a little sprinkle of parmesan cheese is good on it to Smile
coconutprinc...

Joined: Feb 12
Posts: 113

      quote  
Posted: 08 May 2012, 11:19
suremeansyes wrote:
I love all of it but raisins, YUCK!


Me too! I HATE rasins!
Wendydashner

Joined: Aug 10
Posts: 29

      quote  
Posted: 08 May 2012, 12:38
raisens are good in salad... and i got this dressing recipe from a friend of a friend that is yummy!

one peeled orange
one tbsp almond butter
one tbsp rice vinegar

puree everything together, pour of salad, mix well.. mmmmm
OlsBean

Joined: May 12
Posts: 8

      quote  
Posted: 08 May 2012, 15:04
Great list, my new super food favourites as well as those listed are; Goji Berries and Chillies.
wassonc

Joined: Feb 10
Posts: 19

      quote  
Posted: 08 May 2012, 15:13
I think cottage cheese should be on there too- love that stuff!
coconutprinc...

Joined: Feb 12
Posts: 113

      quote  
Posted: 08 May 2012, 18:20
wassonc wrote:
I think cottage cheese should be on there too- love that stuff!


Oh My Gosh! I absolutely LOVE cottage cheese. How do you eat yours? I add blueberries and sometimes banana. Sooo good!
coconutprinc...

Joined: Feb 12
Posts: 113

      quote  
Posted: 08 May 2012, 18:21
OlsBean wrote:
Great list, my new super food favourites as well as those listed are; Goji Berries and Chillies.


Yum! Both so good for you.
coconutprinc...

Joined: Feb 12
Posts: 113

      quote  
Posted: 08 May 2012, 18:22
Wendydashner wrote:
raisens are good in salad... and i got this dressing recipe from a friend of a friend that is yummy!

one peeled orange
one tbsp almond butter
one tbsp rice vinegar

puree everything together, pour of salad, mix well.. mmmmm


Wow that sounds very good! I'm all over the orange and almond flavor Smile
GWMcolorado

Joined: Apr 12
Posts: 41

      quote  
Posted: 08 May 2012, 23:33
coconutprincess wrote:
Yum! My favorite way to eat asparagus... sometimes a little sprinkle of parmesan cheese is good on it to Smile


A friend of mine suggested sesame oil and balsamic. I think I'll try it.
Beatrixie

Joined: Dec 11
Posts: 59

      quote  
Posted: 09 May 2012, 01:32
coconutprincess wrote:


Oh My Gosh! I absolutely LOVE cottage cheese. How do you eat yours? I add blueberries and sometimes banana. Sooo good!


I can't get into cottage cheese as a 'sweet' food, like yogurt (for instance, I eat Greek yogurt with sliced banana, honey, and cinnamon). I pretty much only like cottage cheese with some pepper sprinkled in!
pmggolly

Joined: Sep 10
Posts: 7

      quote  
Posted: 09 May 2012, 10:04
Try Manderine Orange Salad as a sweet treat. I also eat it for Breakfast sometime. Has good protein and is low fat, low sugar. Here is how you make it:
1 large box Sugar Free Orange Jello
1 small tub of Cool whip
1 large can of Manderine oranges in their own juice with no sugar added (drain the juice off as you only want the oranges slices)
1 large tub of Low Fat Cottage Cheese
Mix all the items together and it is great. Has 143 Cals for 1 cup, 10 grams of protein, less than 1 gram of fat, 20 carbs.
wassonc

Joined: Feb 10
Posts: 19

      quote  
Posted: 09 May 2012, 10:25
coconutprincess wrote:
wassonc wrote:
I think cottage cheese should be on there too- love that stuff!


Oh My Gosh! I absolutely LOVE cottage cheese. How do you eat yours? I add blueberries and sometimes banana. Sooo good!


Hahaha, I am a tad to lazy to get fancy (or as other people call it- add stuff to it) I always just eat it plain with a handful of almonds on the side.

You guys are inspiring though ... I may have to actually get "fancy" with my cottage cheese now!! lol
wassonc

Joined: Feb 10
Posts: 19

      quote  
Posted: 09 May 2012, 10:29
... I would also add peppers, beans, potatoes, and oatmeal to the list as well.

I need to start eating more berries- and by that I mean I need to remember to pick some up next time I am at the store, those things are additive! I rarely get a chance to put berries on anything because I manage to eat them within 24 hours of buying/rinsing them!!
coconutprinc...

Joined: Feb 12
Posts: 113

      quote  
Posted: 09 May 2012, 11:07
wassonc wrote:
... I would also add peppers, beans, potatoes, and oatmeal to the list as well.

I need to start eating more berries- and by that I mean I need to remember to pick some up next time I am at the store, those things are additive! I rarely get a chance to put berries on anything because I manage to eat them within 24 hours of buying/rinsing them!!


Love peppers!

Laughing I manage to eat all my berries to if I don't stop myself lol
coconutprinc...

Joined: Feb 12
Posts: 113

      quote  
Posted: 09 May 2012, 11:09
Beatrixie wrote:
coconutprincess wrote:


Oh My Gosh! I absolutely LOVE cottage cheese. How do you eat yours? I add blueberries and sometimes banana. Sooo good!


I can't get into cottage cheese as a 'sweet' food, like yogurt (for instance, I eat Greek yogurt with sliced banana, honey, and cinnamon). I pretty much only like cottage cheese with some pepper sprinkled in!


Oh really? The first time I had cottage cheese it had fruit in it so it became a sweet food for me. I have actually put a little Smuckers raspberry jam in it before and loved it. Not exactly a healthy food, but it was better than a bag of chips!

I LOVE Greek yogurt... soooo yummy. I eat it as a sweet and also as a replacement for sour cream and dips.



Forum Search
Advanced forum search



Latest Posts

HELP editing a recipe!
From your Home screen -- where you enter your meals-- look on the right (you may need to scroll down) and find a heading that says My Custom Foods. You should see the recipes you've entered. To the ...
by tecolote_anna on 23 Mar 17 09:45 AM
How to edit my recipe submission
I did not try it recently, but in the past you could only edit recipes that you did not share. Once you submit it and share, you can no longer edit it. Not sure if it still works this way. I no longer ...
by Ingria on 22 Mar 17 08:37 PM
Draglist Delights - Paleo/LCHF/Keto Foods
Hi everyone. Saving the 90-Second Microwave Almond Bread recipe: 4 tbsp almond flour, .5 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 egg. Stir up dry ingredients in a microwave bowl, then stir in the olive ...
by Draglist on 19 Mar 17 11:03 AM
Play with your food
Love your attitude!
by Ingria on 17 Mar 17 08:06 PM
Sugars (Good or Bad)
Calories are calories are calories. Losing weight means taking in fewer calories than you expend. It's really that simple. Having said that, every fruit has its virtues. Eat plenty of variety and ...
by tecolote_anna on 16 Mar 17 04:03 PM