The FML Workout

Herecomestro...

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 9

      quote  
Posted: 26 Feb 2013, 09:59
Monday (Approach the Bench)
3 sets, 8 reps of:
Incline Bench
Flat Bench
Decline Bench
Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curl
Barbell Preacher Curl
Zottman Curl

Tuesday (Squatstravaganza)
2 set, 20 reps of:
Leg Extension
Leg Curl

3 sets, 8 reps of:
Overhead Squat
Front Squat
Standard Squat

2 sets, 30 Reps of:
Leg Press
Leg Press Calf Extension

Wednesday (Latzilla)
3 sets, 8 reps of:
Pullup
Lat Pulldown
Seated Row
Dumbbell Row
Bent Over Barbell Row
Dumbbell Pullover

Thursday (Boulder Shoulders)
3 sets, 8 reps of:
Push Press
Floor-Seated Shoulder Press (sit on floor, legs extended straight in front of you)
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Dumbbell Rear Raise (face floor on incline bench)
EZ-Bar Upright Row
Tricep Pressdown
Dip

Friday (The Vomitron)
10-8-6-4-2 reps--Superset pairs of:

Standard Squat
Deadlift

Hang Clean
Straight Leg Deadlift

Reverse Overhead Lunge
Dumbbell Clean & Press

15-12-10 reps of:
Hanging Knee Raise or Knees to Elbows
Pushup
Situp
Burpee
eKatherine

Joined: Aug 12
Posts: 1,286

      quote  
Posted: 26 Feb 2013, 13:26
So you're a bodybuilder? That workout would totally mess me up.

I'm a minimalist. I don't think that more exercise is always better.
Herecomestro...

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 9

      quote  
Posted: 26 Feb 2013, 14:49
eKatherine wrote:
So you're a bodybuilder? That workout would totally mess me up.

I'm a minimalist. I don't think that more exercise is always better.


I'm no bodybuilder. I just have a job that requires me to have massive amounts of strength and endurance. The guys in my unit range from 130 lbs to 220 lbs and we use this workout for 2-3 weeks at a time at different times throughout the year.

If it looks really crazy, it isn't. (Honestly) You can use whatever weight you see fit and it doesn't have to take too long either (the Tuesday workout took me 30 minutes on the dot.)
samlynn422

Joined: Feb 13
Posts: 1

      quote  
Posted: 28 Feb 2013, 17:00
I would love this work out. I'm looking to tone those areas of fat and gain some muscle. Looking forward to trying it!!!
eKatherine

Joined: Aug 12
Posts: 1,286

      quote  
Posted: 28 Feb 2013, 20:07
Actually, it looks like the kind of workout that young guys would be drawn to, though some of the exercises are not all that effective. It's the kind of workout people who belong to a gym and want to use all the equipment would use.

I built my workout around the 3 power lifts, and then added bodyweight exercises. I'm the strongest woman I know at any age. But I just do it for me.
Herecomestro...

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 9

      quote  
Posted: 01 Mar 2013, 10:54
eKatherine wrote:
Actually, it looks like the kind of workout that young guys would be drawn to, though some of the exercises are not all that effective. It's the kind of workout people who belong to a gym and want to use all the equipment would use.


Just out of curiosity, which exercise would you identify as not all that effective?
Herecomestro...

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 9

      quote  
Posted: 01 Mar 2013, 10:57
My guys pointed out to me this morning that I made a typo:

Friday's Vomitron should be 10-8-6-4-2 and not 10-8-6-2. Also, the 15-12-10 section on that same day is quad-sets, so you go through each exercise at 15 reps, then 12, and so on.

We made it all the way through this week and everyone is pretty smoked from it. I plan on making a couple tweaks to the program, but nothing big.
eKatherine

Joined: Aug 12
Posts: 1,286

      quote  
Posted: 01 Mar 2013, 11:16
Herecomestrouble wrote:
eKatherine wrote:
Actually, it looks like the kind of workout that young guys would be drawn to, though some of the exercises are not all that effective. It's the kind of workout people who belong to a gym and want to use all the equipment would use.


Just out of curiosity, which exercise would you identify as not all that effective?


Isolation exercises on machines are less effective than compound exercises using free weights or bodyweight.
Herecomestro...

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 9

      quote  
Posted: 03 Mar 2013, 14:29
No single workout will work for everyone, nor will a single, unaltered workout work for the same person over their lifetime. This is just one that works for me and my guys. I don't have a degree in exercise physiology or any related field, but I've been working out and lifting weights for over 20 years and I've logged a lot of reps.
meeel

Joined: Aug 11
Posts: 43

      quote  
Posted: 03 Mar 2013, 15:25
eKatherine wrote:
Actually, it looks like the kind of workout that young guys would be drawn to, though some of the exercises are not all that effective. It's the kind of workout people who belong to a gym and want to use all the equipment would use.

I built my workout around the 3 power lifts, and then added bodyweight exercises. I'm the strongest woman I know at any age. But I just do it for me.


What are you talking about miss I have an ANSWER to all posts!Rolling Eyes Those are exercises that anyone who is looking to shape his are her body should be doing! The thing IS... do you have mind power to do it?
She-Raw

Joined: Sep 13
Posts: 4

      quote  
Posted: 20 Sep 2013, 08:04
Hi. Thanks for posting this Herecomestrouble! I lift weights but haven't been doing so as consistently as I like to (I also run, hike, do yoga, and serf sometimes, so weightlifting isn't all I do).

I think your plan will help me be more motivated since it's a new way for me, and sometimes changing things up can have great results. Also, it sounds less time consuming than my current weight lifting strategy, so thanks again!
Herecomestro...

Joined: Jul 12
Posts: 9

      quote  
Posted: 24 Oct 2013, 11:02
She-Raw wrote:
Hi. Thanks for posting this Herecomestrouble! I lift weights but haven't been doing so as consistently as I like to (I also run, hike, do yoga, and serf sometimes, so weightlifting isn't all I do).

I think your plan will help me be more motivated since it's a new way for me, and sometimes changing things up can have great results. Also, it sounds less time consuming than my current weight lifting strategy, so thanks again!


You bet! Variety keeps the body guessing!



Forum Search
Advanced forum search


Latest Posts

Free workout videos
Fitness blender is great
by gina elshenawy on 25 Oct 14 10:14 AM
How Often Do you weigh yourself?
I weigh every Monday morning. When I first started out I would weigh once a week. Then when I joined FS, i started doing it every day, but I was getting frustrated and at the end of the week I wasn& ...
by lettygaylor on 22 Oct 14 01:12 PM
Do you lift weights
Yes I do and I think that is good
by Ryan001 on 19 Oct 14 08:32 AM
Fit Bit
Hi. I have been using this app with much success for several months. For now, it only syncs the calories burned from Fitbit to FatSecret. Will be cool if one day it will sync the calories eaten per day ...
by Draglist on 16 Oct 14 07:56 AM
New easy way to be your own trainer
Thank you. Will make the corrections. Thank you. By the way nice topic kindly share any ideas. Mail me on mohandanister@gmail.com. Cheers.
by Mohan Danister on 10 Oct 14 04:33 AM