A New Challange

23 PAGES
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 next ... last
previous topic
Rita41

Joined: Apr 13
Posts: 186

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 11:50
How can we appeal to his sensibilities. Your first intervention didn't work.
Nag1ka

Joined: Jan 12
Posts: 115

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 14:43
it may never end
Nimm

Joined: Dec 10
Posts: 669

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 14:52
I hope nobody posting in that thread smokes, because the incredible number of strawmen are a real fire hazard.
Rita41

Joined: Apr 13
Posts: 186

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 14:56
Thanks Nimm...I almost spit tea all over my keyboard ! Smile
Diablo360x

Joined: Jul 11
Posts: 923

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 15:00
I got a warning from a moderator because I called someone a liar. Me thinks I was turned in. mummydee, I like you but believing that someone gained 15lbs. on 1200 calories a day is like trying to believe that if I concentrate hard enough I can shoot lightning from my hand. Uh oh, probably gonna get another slap on the wrist now.

It's funny because mood called me a steroid junkie, chump, AND fool in a single post. Where is his slap?
Consume whatever foods you prefer, whenever you prefer to consume them, while ensuring nutrient sufficiency and meeting caloric goals.
Nag1ka

Joined: Jan 12
Posts: 115

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 15:04
If they want to live their lives in fear of carbs, that's more their problem than ours.
Rita41

Joined: Apr 13
Posts: 186

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 15:06
You HAVE to stay away Diablo...they are pulling you to the dark side. The thread will die if you aren't there to vilify. I think your message has always been clear....they only want to "hear" what they want to.

btw...saw what mood wrote..thought it was outrageous. Hope you called that one in.
Nag1ka

Joined: Jan 12
Posts: 115

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 15:11
Even when i had just started posting, obviously that was the most "interesting" thread at the time, but even trying to stay out of it but comment on it, I felt insulted. They definitely don't like anyone disagreeing with them. As many people have said, low carb can work for a lot of people, and obviously has its own advantages in terms of adherence/caloric deficit, but that's all.
Rita41

Joined: Apr 13
Posts: 186

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 15:26
Nag1ka I thought that was just me. It was a different thread with red and I was completely insulted. Stuck with the "if you can't say something nice say nothing at all" so I erased my "rude" comment back and left the thread alone. Funny they call Diablo a fanatic.

I nearly flipped my lid when I saw eKat's advice. I am a high school teacher and that sort of BS advice does more irreparable harm than good. Don't even get me started.
mummydee

Joined: Feb 10
Posts: 2,844

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 15:35
Diablo360x wrote:
I got a warning from a moderator because I called someone a liar. Me thinks I was turned in. mummydee, I like you but believing that someone gained 15lbs. on 1200 calories a day is like trying to believe that if I concentrate hard enough I can shoot lightning from my hand. Uh oh, probably gonna get another slap on the wrist now.

It's funny because mood called me a steroid junkie, chump, AND fool in a single post. Where is his slap?


Wasn't me, you called me a liar, you don't believe me, i really don't care, that doesn't change what happened to me You are blind(ed) but one day will see. ...guess you must've pissed off someone else by calling them a liar too, mmmm lets look back......... you may now apologize
If it is a plant, eat it, if it comes from a plant, don't!
mummydee

Joined: Feb 10
Posts: 2,844

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 15:41
and with respect for the OP of this thread, i will not go into anymore banter re carbs vs cico or posts outside this thread...

fat man on scales "how am i doc"

doc to fat man "well well, your weight is perfect! you just happen to be 11 feet too short"

badam ching!
If it is a plant, eat it, if it comes from a plant, don't!
Rita41

Joined: Apr 13
Posts: 186

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 16:02
She did it before on another thread and Spacey47 called her on it. It was advice to a 16 year old girl I believe. We all know what happened to him.

Just recalling the advice is enough for me to get my dander up. I don't have enough words (that I can post anyway) to express how angry that advice makes me. Maybe I'll need a glass of wine with dinner tonight Smile....oh but that has carbs in it...lol Smile
mummydee

Joined: Feb 10
Posts: 2,844

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 16:11
go ahead, i'm having one right now and it's lovely.. we've worked hard to get where we are and small pleasures are what it's all about. and didn't you know, if you close your eyes while you drink there are no carbs!!! Wink
If it is a plant, eat it, if it comes from a plant, don't!
eKatherine

Joined: Aug 12
Posts: 1,286

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 16:15
Rita41 wrote:
I nearly flipped my lid when I saw eKat's advice. I am a high school teacher and that sort of BS advice does more irreparable harm than good. Don't even get me started.


Rita41 wrote:
She did it before on another thread and Spacey47 called her on it. It was advice to a 16 year old girl I believe. We all know what happened to him.

Just recalling the advice is enough for me to get my dander up. I don't have enough words (that I can post anyway) to express how angry that advice makes me. Maybe I'll need a glass of wine with dinner tonight Smile....oh but that has carbs in it...lol Smile


Is that so, ritty? So you often patronize girls in school who have health concerns and tell them to wait to become concerned about their health after they have become (maybe morbidly obese) adults? That's what spacey was doing, insulting a girl who was concerned about her weight. I recall at least one of the girls that Spacey47 diagnosed with anorexia was 160 pounds.

If you opened your eyes you would see that a lot of the kids in your school are already obese. Treating them like idiots as spacey did may have made him feel superior, but it doesn't help those kids get healthy.

If you're opposed to modern motivational techniques for helping people set goals and achieve them, perhaps you should go public and become an activist, not harass people anonymously on a random forum.

Spacey47 followed me around on the forum and copy-and-pasted it to harass me on at least half a dozen different threads. Are you now an avenging angel sent to take over the important job of stalking me?
Nag1ka

Joined: Jan 12
Posts: 115

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 16:21
Well I think unfortunately fair to say, even though the internet might have some websites that teens can go for safe and healthy nutrition advice, fat secret is no longer one of them.
eKatherine

Joined: Aug 12
Posts: 1,286

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 16:25
Nag1ka wrote:
Well I think unfortunately fair to say, even though the internet might have some websites that teens can go for safe and healthy nutrition advice, fat secret is no longer one of them.


Certainly not here. You can feel safe carrying out Spacey's mission of telling overweight girls to ignore their weight until they become morbidly obese adults.
Nag1ka

Joined: Jan 12
Posts: 115

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 16:28
eKatherine wrote:
Nag1ka wrote:
Well I think unfortunately fair to say, even though the internet might have some websites that teens can go for safe and healthy nutrition advice, fat secret is no longer one of them.


Certainly not here. You can feel safe carrying out Spacey's mission of telling overweight girls to ignore their weight until they become morbidly obese adults.


What exactly was it you told this girl again?
Rita41

Joined: Apr 13
Posts: 186

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 16:29
Excuse me??? MODERN motivational techniques!!! you have got to be kidding me.

eKatherine

Joined: Aug 12
Posts: 1,286

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 16:31
Nag1ka wrote:
eKatherine wrote:
Nag1ka wrote:
Well I think unfortunately fair to say, even though the internet might have some websites that teens can go for safe and healthy nutrition advice, fat secret is no longer one of them.


Certainly not here. You can feel safe carrying out Spacey's mission of telling overweight girls to ignore their weight until they become morbidly obese adults.


What exactly was it you told this girl again?


Tell me what advice you would give to a 16 year old girl who weighs 160 pounds. Spacey told her she was a child and should not concern herself with her weight gain until after she became an adult. Go out and play, little girl. That was his standard procedure with all young women.
eKatherine

Joined: Aug 12
Posts: 1,286

      quote  
Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 16:33
Rita41 wrote:
Excuse me??? MODERN motivational techniques!!! you have got to be kidding me.


Sorry you're behind the times. Read some books. Try The Anderson Method. It's written by a psychoanalyst to help people for whom diets have failed repeatedly to develop strategies to deal with their weight issues.

You might want to get your information somewhere other than from internet trolls.



Forum Search
Advanced forum search


Latest Posts

Going Vegan/Vetetarian
I don't have any advice/suggestions was just going to join you in saying I too have "considered" the vegan/vegetarian diet but I do enjoy my chicken and cheese. Also the price of fresh p ...
by Velvetice on 20 Aug 15 07:38 PM
Question for everyone.........
Velvetice, losing the pounds and exercise my eliminate those aches and pains. Try adding some strength training if you can, it has made a huge differencee for me.
by wholefoodnut on 14 Aug 15 08:06 PM
Do you?
What a great question. Worthy of an upper level philosophy class. Not even kidding. I kind of agree with the poster who said hope has nothing to do with it - just do it. But for me, when I think about ...
by dcwalker on 14 Aug 15 07:08 AM
Weight loss diet plan
The Mediterranean plan can be a good one for life. My WOE actually falls pretty much into this plan. It's also very anti-inflammatory so if you have any health issues where inflammation is part of ...
by wholefoodnut on 31 Jul 15 07:48 AM
Macros Countdown please!
It is currently not an option though would be nice. Fibit does that if you log your food on that site and add your exercise as it only adds up steps.
by wholefoodnut on 29 Jul 15 09:44 PM