Features and Issues with Calorie Counter App

Jandkw99

Joined: Jan 13
Posts: 1

      quote  
Posted: 22 Jan 2013, 21:20
Hi all,

Really like the Calorie counter app. Particularly that the database of foods is growing significantly. Good work.

But there are a couple of things that would make things easier. For instance in the Diet Calendar the Exercise and Net values are only shown/calculated if you did some specific exercise and doesn't include resting/sleeping values even though these are included in the exercise total if you did do specific exercise. This means that you can't easily calculate the total number of calories deficit that you've achieved.

Another issue I have is about the search. I've really struggled to find some items and have had to try several likely combinations before an item (that I knew was there) has finally appeared. Some enhancement to the search engine might be worthwhile.

Related to searching, the other day I entered the name of a Manufacturer and then selected it from the drop down list. I then chose a category, only to be told that there were no matching items? Surely categories shouldn't exist if there are no products attached - right?

Finally, I'd like to see integration with the Endomondo fitness app to all any activity done to be automatically brought over to Calorie Counter. Endomondo should have a more accurate measurement of the calories burned (particularly if I end up getting a HR monitor).

Hopefully we can get some of these things sorted it will make things a little easier / better for everyone.

Thanks,

Jason
erika2633

Joined: Nov 11
Posts: 804

      quote  
Posted: 22 Jan 2013, 22:11
Jandkw99 wrote:
For instance in the Diet Calendar the Exercise and Net values are only shown/calculated if you did some specific exercise and doesn't include resting/sleeping values even though these are included in the exercise total if you did do specific exercise. This means that you can't easily calculate the total number of calories deficit that you've achieved.


You don't have to do any exercises apart from resting/sleeping for the Diet Calendar to calculate your exercise/net values. In fact, some users have set their diet calendars to show 24 hours of only sleeping. You just have to check the circle in the exercise part that says "this is some of my exercise" or "this is all of my exercise" and it will calculate it.

Jandkw99 wrote:
Related to searching, the other day I entered the name of a Manufacturer and then selected it from the drop down list. I then chose a category, only to be told that there were no matching items? Surely categories shouldn't exist if there are no products attached - right?


My guess is that the category is there in case users input new food items that can be sorted into that category in the future. Otherwise people will be saying "I tried to add this food item to XYZ category and there isn't such a category yet!"

Jandkw99 wrote:
Finally, I'd like to see integration with the Endomondo fitness app to all any activity done to be automatically brought over to Calorie Counter. Endomondo should have a more accurate measurement of the calories burned (particularly if I end up getting a HR monitor).


In the past, this has been the response from FS as far as integrating with other apps:
"Thanks for the suggestion...

FatSecret also has an open API which allows other services/apps etc to access all your FatSecret data (with your permission of course) so we suggest that you reach out to them to see if they want to build on top of your profile.

Best,
The FatSecret team"

I would suggest using the 'contact' link at the bottom of the page to try to get any progress/input on that from the FS team.


Someone who is busier than you is working out right now.
There will come a day when you can no longer do this. Today is not that day.
danielbos

Joined: Aug 12
Posts: 11

      quote  
Posted: 18 Jun 2014, 05:30
Hi all,

I miss a sync for activities with Endomondo and FatSecret. Everyday when I have cycled or runned, I copy the data from Endomondo to Fatsecret. It would be awsome when the app did it automatically. I've asked this at the FS and Endomondo team and FS says that Endomondo needs to fix this. I asked them and they say when you have enough votes, they will make it.

If you want a sync with Endomondo and FatSecret you could vote for the feature on https://support.endomondo.com/hc/communities/public/questions/202182337-Automatically-export-training-to-FatSecret-com

Your vote is appreciated!



Forum Search
Advanced forum search



Latest Posts

HCG AND NU IMAGE MEDICAL
Sending out a warning to ALL HCG'ers who use injectable drops! NU IMAGE MEDICAL sends expired product and does not offer to replace when shown their mistake. They charge a shocking 147$ for MIC ...
by abdicant on 28 Aug 14 11:05 AM
Fatsecret's Exercise Diary
Can't answer the why on the values as posted by FS, but can let you know that many of us document our exercise in our journals. We keep track of any and all workouts. Walking, running, strength t ...
by ClassicRocker on 22 Aug 14 09:48 PM
Withings Scale
a lot of different weighting scales are available in market with different futures and functions. Some online sources are also available for buying weighting scale like digital and c... scales in low ...
by Millerdavid891 on 13 Aug 14 12:49 AM
Is there a way to account for -mayo on here?
When I have/choose to eat fast food I always order without any condiments, especially mayo. More because they put disgusting amounts of them on rather than making good choices, but still. Anyway, I& ...
by Wade Sansing on 12 Aug 14 01:19 PM
Right weight for you body
I think something else to point out in regards to "the right weight for your body" is how the "set point" weight affects what the body wants to weigh. I do not believe that all people ...
by ChristyLA on 12 Aug 14 07:36 AM