I just submitted this recipe, as I tried it over the weekend and love it! These are super easy to make and oh so good! I thought I'd post it so you could use it before it's "approved".
Minty Mistletoe Cookies
I got this recipe off of the dlife.com website. It's a website for diabetics. You can have 2 cookies (1 serving) for 48 calories=1/2 carb. They are a bit sweet so they satisfy the sweet tooth!
Number of Servings 18
**NOTE: Instead of using regular sugar, I'd suggest using Xylitol! It's a low glycemic food item and is a natural sweetner. It can be measured the same as for sugar.
2 egg whites (room temperature)
4 drops green food coloring
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp mint extract
1/3 cup sugar (splenda or xylitol substituted)
1/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 F. Coat nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl add: green food coloring, egg whites, vanilla and mint extracts. Beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
3. Gradually beat in the sugar;beat until stiff peaks form.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop by tablespoonfulls onto the baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn off oven but leave the cookies in the oven until cool. (about 1/2 hour)
The difference between try and triumph...is the UMPH!
You can be pitiful or you can be powerful, but you can't be both!