50 LB WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE - WELCOME
Food For Thought!
Do you have any superstitions? Food wise or otherwise?
It's not a superstition but I say Karma, Karma, you get what you put out.
OK guys one life story coming up.
Part 1: The Basics
1. What is your full name?
2. Where and when were you born?
Illinois Aug. 13, 1975 but I'm still 29!!!
3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
Jim and Judi Morgan. My dad is overweight(all his life)
and stresses to much. My mom is very tiny and laid back. No wonder I am crazy.
4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
1 brother that I don't talk to at all, very sad but he likes to spend all his time w/wife's family. Source of bitterness and fights I guess.
5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
I live in VA hampton roads area w/my son. I live in a transitional(1/2 ghetto 1/2 upscale) neighborhood. Let's just say I would like to move to a better place but the current economy isn't what it should be.
6. What is your occupation?
Self employed cater/bead freak
10. Are you right- or left-handed?
Both but I use my right hand for writing, which doesn't happen too much anymore. Who writes these days?
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
Stop running!, What time is it?, I'm tired., No I don't need to buy that for you. You know typical mom stuff.
13. What do you have in your pockets?
Nothing but some lint.
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Hmm where to start. I'm a fidgeter, I must have something in my hands to mess w/at all times or I will go crazy and I can't sit still. Why am I over weight you ask? Chewing food is exercise too! Also I'm a serial plucker, still have my eyebrows though. One thing I'm proud of , I may be fat but I can still put one leg behind my head. Years of ballet and yoga I guess. One more weird thing, I hate newspapers. I hate the smell and I hate the way they feel. Maybe I had a bad childhood experience I've blocked out. Who knows?
Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
Got teased alot because of my magenta homemade highwater corduroy pants. Thanks mom!
16. What is your earliest memory?
Using the bathroom in preschool. What's that about?
17. How much schooling have you had?
No college and a sub standard high school education. Thankfully food isn't rocket science.
18. Did you enjoy school?
When I was out of it.
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
I'm pretty much self taught. Love ya mom but a cook you were not.
20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
Good question, I don't think so. I was lucky to have good responsible parents that taught me well.
21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
My mom and I butted heads alot but I think we'll blame that on the hormones.
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An interior decorator, I had Barbie's pad looking fly when I was a kid.
23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?
Eating, swimming and riding my bike. Yes in that order.
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
I was painfully shy and nerdy. Boy have I changed, well I'm still nerdy, I watch star trek for god's sake!
25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
26. When and with whom was your first kiss?
Bruno Antonio and he gave me a cold sore! Don't ask.
27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
A little personal but I'll answer part of the question. I a mature, very young 14.
28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
Wacky question indeed. There's a certain romance about being a vampire but how boring would it be to live forever. I'll stick w/human(somewhat normal) I'm a watcher/learner. My influences in life have been from learning from other's mistakes. ex. Seeing my friends claiming bankruptcy at the age of 19 because of credit cards. Haven't had one yet and I've owned 4 cars and my home.
Now don't get me wrong I've had to learn some hard lessons myself. Never live w/your friends or loan them money, bad, bad, bad.
Part 3: Past Influences
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
Birth of my son. He gave me a spine.
30. Who has had the most influence on you?
Everything and everyone
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Becoming my own boss.
32. What is your greatest regret?
Not giving my last relationship all the attention it deserved.
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
I think wishing someone ill will.
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
I did have that stint in the big house for wire fraud several years back.
35. When was the time you were the most frightened?
Giving birth, it was not a pleasant experience.
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
I never get embarrassed, come on.
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
I would have been more assertive and less negative when I was younger.
38. What is your best memory?
Kissing my all my boyfriends for the first time.
39. What is your worst memory?
When my son got lost at the mall. It was ugly and I was a crazed loon.
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
The glass is half full except when I am PMSing and then it is half empty
41. What is your greatest fear?
My son dying or someone hurting him
42. What are your religious views?
Undecided, I want everyone to be happy and to get along. No one deserves to go to hell for eternity. NO ONE!!!
43. What are your political views?
I want free healthcare, free college, Socialist, borderline capitalist. After all I rely on others to spend money.
44. What are your views on sex?
I could write a thesis on this. Basically mother nature made us sexual beings so we could multiply but the gave us this silly organ called the brain so it could mess everything up and we could get all confused about it. Thanks alot!
45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
I'm a firm believer dead is dead and all killing is wrong.
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
Yes, yes and yes. Can you tell where to find mine?
48. What do you believe makes a successful life?
Being good to others and being positive. It works for me.
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
We all put on different faces for different people and situations. That's what makes us unique but there comes a time when you have to own up to your true self. Just be diplomatic about it.
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Yes thanks to the media.
51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
Kill a person, enough said.
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
Part 5: Relationships With Others
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
I am guilty of being nicer to strangers than to my own. I guess I think they can take it and still love me.
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
My son, he is my life.
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
Anyone that can take a bad situation and make good of it.
56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.
I have alot of friends, they are all different, catering to each of my personalties. If they were all to meet in the same room there might be fight.
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
I did have a boyfriend but sadly it didn't work out. So I am looking for Mr. Right again.
58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
Yes and it just happened as these things go.
59. What do you look for in a potential lover?
LOYALTY, TRUSTWORTHINESS, intelligence, good looks, money. I'm not shallow and I'm independant, but you have to have a J O B if you want to be w/ me.
60. How close are you to your family?
61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
Yes, My son is the world to me. He is a good kid, a bit sensitive, where did he get that from, hmmm?
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
My parents, they rock!
63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
My parents, they rock!
64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
Hopefully lots of people, but I never want to disappoint them, so I will try and stick around for awhile
65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
Haters and negative people, they bring me down
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
Sadly I'm passive aggressive.
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
I'm a leader if they need me to be.
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
Yes I love big groups people unless I'm PMSing and then I want to be left alone. There's a certain energy around huge amounts of people and hopefully it's good.
69. Do you care what others think of you?
Yes if they are my customers and they are paying me and I always want my family and friends to think good of me. Everyone else I could care less.
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
Beads, beads and beads. I like to socialize w/ my friends alot too.
71. What is your most treasured possession?
72. What is your favorite color?
It's a tie between orange and aqua
73. What is your favorite food?
whipped butter, chocolate, cheese, peanutbutter, salads, bread, anything that makes us fat, except for the salad.
74. What, if anything, do you like to read?
I'm impatient, if I can't read it within 2-3 days I don't bother.
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
Guilty pleasure- So you think you can dance and Gossip Girl, What I'll admit to others- Masterpiece theater and Cooking shows
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
When I was younger and invincible-pot, acid, and magic mushrooms dude. But now that I am a responsible adult just an occasional drink and a ciggie(not very often though)
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
I am catering a party or out w/friends
78. What makes you laugh?
My son, he is a riot. The things that come out of his mouth.
79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
Suffering always gets to me. And these young girls that get plastic surgery and wear thongs. It's disgusting, what are the parents thinking.
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
I love my majong computer game.
81. How do you deal with stress?
Eat or if I remember, try to breathe
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
I need a plan unless I have been drinking. I am a control freak sometimes.
83. What are your pet peeves?
Laziness, poor work ethic, cheating and calling people names.
Part 7: Self Images And Etc.
84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
My routine is the same everyday. Get up breakfast, get son ready, check email, shower, brush teeth, spiffy myself up, make myself useful like work or clean the house, eat, eat and eat, exercise at night before bed and go to sleep. If it is different I freak out.
85. What is your greatest strength as a person?
I can't believe I am saying this but people tell me I'm level headed and the voice of reason. I've also been told that I'm very calming to be around and make everyone around me feel at ease. If they only knew what was in my head.
86. What is your greatest weakness?
My low self esteem. It's gotten better over the years but it is a work in process.
87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I want to look in the mirror and really like what I see and not be so judgmental.
88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? It depends on who I am around. If you have nothing to say nor do I.
89. Are you generally organized or messy?
I am both. Let's call it organized chaos.
90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
I'm good at my job(cooking), artsy suff and making people feel good.
I'm bad about making quality time for myself, eating and feeling good about myself
91. Do you like yourself?
Yes, I like my innards, but not my outards. I'm try to make them match up and it is a battle of epic proportions.
92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons...)
No hablo inglaise
93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
I want to be at peace and not let any negativity in and raise a happy well adjusted child. Is this possible?
94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Married I hope and truly happy!?
95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
in my sleep
96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
kiss my child, tell everyone I love them and jump off a tall building. I like adrenaline rushes.
97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
My positive personality and generosity
98. What three words best describe your personality?
simple, complicated, loyal
99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
nice, peaceful, loyal
100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice...)
If I had one piece of advice to give it would be- no one likes a negative person. Lighten up!
(submitted 7 years ago)