50 LB WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE - WELCOME
Okay, a one pound gain this week, which I'm actually quite happy with as I hosted my first barbeque and had a great week overall. Had originally gained 6 pounds, but by reining things in quickly and focusing took off all but the one pound, good accomplishment I think!!
Here's my Challenge:
Part 1: The Basics
1. What is your full name? Tiara-Lee Mueller.
2. Where and when were you born? Born here, Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.
3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.) My grandparents Ed and Elaine helped raise me, he is retired RCMP, she was a telephone operator. Papa is strong and silent type, but always took me every Saturday morning to get groceries and bought me a book. Mama thought she was meek and mild, though she’s the one that kept us all in line!
Mom is Sherrymk on here, Sherry Mueller-Kerber. She is the person I most admire in this world, strong, gentle, caring, generous, and eternally happy.
4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like? 1 half-sister Brandi, she just turned 18 a few days ago, temperamental but a great cook and has a huge heart.
5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people. Lethbridge is a city of about 75,000, biggest small town in the west, you can get anywhere in 15 minutes or less and you’ll probably run into a whole bunch of people you know. I rent a manufactured home set in a foundation with my husband Steve (phoenixsm) and 4 cats and a dog. We live in a cul-de-sac with a lovely park.
6. What is your occupation? I’m a night Auditor.
10. Are you right- or left-handed? Steve and I are both Leftys.
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently? Are you kidding? Gag me with a spatula. I mix metaphors a lot.
13. What do you have in your pockets? Visa, Safeway Club card, Air Miles card (I was just getting last-minute stuff for my barbeque. Cell Phone!!
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? Asking hubby….. I'm phobic of moths, EXTREMELY empathetic (feel bad for bugs, inanimate objects, etc.), must always be right.
Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general? Simple, loved, happy.
16. What is your earliest memory? Throwing rocks in the lake at Waterton.
17. How much schooling have you had? Most of a Bachelor of Commerce degree (but it bored me!)
18. Did you enjoy school? Sometimes.
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? By being stubborn and teaching myself whatever is necessary to feel on top of whatever task I’m doing.
20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them. Just my parents, who I’ve already described. I had a couple of really good teachers too.
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Everything, and when I grew up I still never figured it out.
23. As a child, what were your favorite activities? Reading, pretending to be an equestrian rider, writing.
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? I was very shy around others until I went to summer camp the summer before grade 6, and I came back a huge extrovert and always had a giant gang of friends after that.
25. As a child, were you popular? In Junior and Senior High definitely.
26. When and with whom was your first kiss? Well, in grade 1 I kissed Jay Peacock, but my first real mutual kiss was with my best friend Rob at a party in grade 8.
Part 3: Past Influences
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? Positive experience: getting married. Negative experience: losing Mama last year.
30. Who has had the most influence on you? Mom definitely.
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Finishing high school – I was smart enough, but health problems and laziness made that a questionable thing. I ended up going through an outreach high school and doing 46 credits in less than a year. Was valedictorian and got 2 scholarships!
32. What is your greatest regret? Not finishing University, even though I hated it the degree would have been nice to have!
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done? Sleeping with someone else’s boyf (though she was certain that we already were, so it was simply an ‘if you can’t beat them, join them’ type of thing).
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind? Squeaky clean!
35. When was the time you were the most frightened? When Mama got sick.
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you? I don’t embarrass easily at all, though Steve never thinks before he speaks so he has come close before in front of others!
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why? If it was change one thing that I had no control over it would be to bring back Mama because I miss her every day. If it was something that I had done there is no major decision that I would take back, other than the odd ‘foot in mouth’ statements. I don’t bother regretting, what I’ve done makes me who I am.
38. What is your best memory? My wedding day.
39. What is your worst memory? The day Mama passed away. Which happened to be the day before my first anniversary – it was very hard to try and separate the events, though I owed it to my marriage to give it a good shot (and Mama wouldn’t have wanted to make my anniversary sad!!!!!!)
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? Optimistic definitely, even deeply depressed I find silver linings.
41. What is your greatest fear? More deaths of loved ones. Pain and suffering of loved ones.
42. What are your religious views? I have faith, but don’t believe in religion.
43. What are your political views? I wish everyone could live their own lives while considering the impact on others. More liberal I guess, but have no interest in politics itself, just human rights.
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love? I truly believe that I am with my soul mate; I just don’t always believe being soul mates automatically makes everything easy between you! And I think that soul mate doesn’t necessarily mean romantic partner.
48. What do you believe makes a successful life? Happiness, fulfillment, comfort.
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)? I’m honest with tact usually.
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)? My family and pets.
Part 5: Relationships With Others
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Tie between Steve and Mom.
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? Mom. She is the person I most admire in this world, strong, gentle, caring, generous, and eternally happy.
56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people. They are a motley crew, not lots but very good. My best friends would have to be my Mom and husband though.
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person. Steve, 28, is a server right now and going back to school to take nursing in the fall. Insecure but loving and generous, huge heart and a cute tushie!!!!
58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened. A few times, but the best time is still continuing after the wedding!
59. What do you look for in a potential lover? Thoughtfulness, caring, and a sense of humour!!
60. How close are you to your family? Attached at the hip
61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not? Our family right now consists of furbabies, a dog and 4 cats, full house! We are thinking of having a flesh baby sometime in the next couple of years maybe?
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help? Anyone close to me I know I could trust.
63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? See above – I’m not close to anyone who I couldn’t trust to take care of me, or try to!!
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I avoid it until absolutely necessary, but if something really needs to be conflicted about I’m willing!
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Yes if it is a situation that matters to me, but if there is someone there who seems to need that role to cover up some insecurity or something I’ll hand it over if they are competent.
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? Sometimes, not as working teams but the odd party is nice.
69. Do you care what others think of you? Not the way that most people do. I try to put my best foot forward in public and so acquaintances generally do like me, and people closer to me like me to! I worry what my hubby thinks of me.
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes? Reading, movies, Facebook and Fatsecret.
71. What is your most treasured possession? My Mr. T. doll that Mama made for me, and my diaries.
72. What is your favorite color? Purple
73. What is your favorite food? KFC
74. What, if anything, do you like to read? Fantasy, fiction, horror, supernatural conspiracy theory (e.g. Da Vinci code, anything by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Childs)
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)? It’s easier to say what I don’t think is entertaining, namely the pseudo-slapstick vulgarity that is called comedy nowadays.
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit? Quit drugs in 1997, quit smoking in 2006, and drink 2 or 3 times a year.
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night? Working at the hotel.
78. What makes you laugh? My pets, my husband, the Naked Gun movies.
79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you? Shocks not much. Offends??? Human right violations, small-minded people, people with no common sense (and there are a lot of these!!!) ANY case of animal abuse or child abuse.
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? Read, watch TV
81. How do you deal with stress? Not terribly well!!!!
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan? Mostly planner, though I like to throw in spontaneity occasionally
83. What are your pet peeves? See above, offensive stuff!! Steve expecting me to take care of everything.
Part 7: Self Images And Etc.
84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted? Different routines for different days, off work at 7am, bed around 2pm, up for work at 10 pm on work days; chaos on days off. I get very edgy when schedule is screwed with on work days.
85. What is your greatest strength as a person? Intelligence
86. What is your greatest weakness? Patience
87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Get rid of depression
88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Extroverted
89. Are you generally organized or messy? Both
90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at. Good: job, problem solving, reading. Bad: letting go of a grudge, athletics (though every once in a while I surprise myself), calculus.
91. Do you like yourself? I love myself, I don’t like who I let myself become occasionally.
93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime? Find my true passion in life outside of family.
94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Home with first child, Steve finally out of school!
95. If you could choose, how would you want to die? In my sleep, at the exact same time as everyone I love so that no-one would have to grieve for each other!!
96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left. Eat whatever I felt like and be with my family, and tell everyone I love them!
97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? Just that I was a good person people wanted around.
98. What three words best describe your personality? Silly, controlling, quirky.
99. What three words would others probably use to describe you? Together, smart, fun.
(submitted 5 years ago)