A healthy Eating Plan
HEALTHY EATING PLAN
ENDOSERD BY KICKNFITT
Compiled by Bernadette Beyer ISSA Qualified Sports Nutritionist
Meal Plan & Recipes
Everything you need as a busy parent to keep your child/teenager
on the track to good health & fitness
TIPS & POINTS
1. This is NOT a diet! It’s a healthy eating lifestyle, the choice of fit kidz and star athletes.
2. You may substitute any type of fruit for another: kiwi for apple, apple instead of small banana , small banana for 30g un-sugared-dried fruit etc.
3. Use mayonnaise instead of butter or margarine on bread.
4. When eating out, stick to one portion protein, one portion starch and one portion fat, so for instance eat steak and chip, or burger NO chips + diet cool drink or water.
5. When preparing food, NO frying: bake it, sear it, grill it, or steam it.
6. Veggie dishes can be spiced up with salsa, Tabasco, garlic or tomato sauce.
7. Make the smart choices. Rather drink water than cool drinks. If drinking juice do 50:50 water / juice and count it as a carbohydrate.
8. You must exercise at least three times a week for a minimum of 30 min…Or else!
9. Junk food is exactly that…JUNK! – we don’t need it – but if you really need to, then do only a burger, NO CHIPS, and diet cool drink, NO MILK SHAKE or ICE cream with it.
10. Focus on success! – nothing worthwhile was ever gained without sacrifice.
ADULTS age 18 and older
Breakfast within 30 minutes of waking
(each meal or snack should be 2 – 3 hours apart)
Mixed fruit plate. Any combination of your favorite fruit, but equivalent of one fruit + 250ml fat free yoghurt + 50 g almonds or 2 boiled eggs and 1 glass water+ tea or filter coffee, milk + sweetener (no sugar), can use xylitol
1 cup Corn Flakes or rice crispies + 250ml skim milk + 50g almonds or 2 boiled eggs and 1 glass water + tea or filter coffee, milk + sweetener (no sugar), can use xylitol
2 eggs (poached or boiled=best) + 2 slices ham + 2 slice Rye bread + 1 glass of water + tea or filter coffee, milk + sweetener (no sugar), can use xylotol
1 cup oats with low fat milk or water, add 30g mixed berries/1tsp honey + 1.5 tbs Omega 3 enriched Trojan Warrior peanut butter + tea or filter coffee, milk + sweetener (no sugar), can use xylitol
Snack 8:30am – 10:00am
250ml Fat free yoghurt, any flavor or 1 fruit + 50g mixed nuts or 50g biltong and 250ml water
Or 50g biltong, 50g nuts + 1 fruit
Lunch between 11:00am and 1:30pm (can swop snack and lunch around)
1 x 170g tin tuna with mixed salad , ¼ cup low-fat or no-fat dressing + bowl of fresh fruit salad / 1 fruit or 1 large boiled potato/sweet potato
120g Chicken fillet sandwich on Low GI bread or Rye bread with 3tbs mayonnaise + lettuce + 250ml water + tea or filter coffee, milk + sweetener (no sugar), can use xylitol
120g chicken breast with bowl of brown rice + 3 tbs mayonnaise + 250ml water + tea or filter coffee, milk + sweetener (no sugar), can use xylitol
1 tin tuna + 3 tbs mayonnaise on 2 slices Low GI bread with lettuce + 250ml water+ 1 fruit + tea or filter coffee, milk + sweetener (no sugar), can use xylitol
Snack between 3:00 – 5:00pm (or you can repeat Lunch option)
50g biltong (optional), 50g mixed nuts + 1 fruit or Super Shape Protein bar + 1 fruit or
50g biltong (optional) + 2 sucrose free Barry’s Bar
Supper (no eating after 7:30)
2 x Chicken breast or 200g shrimp salad with 2 -4 tabs low oil dressing + 1 cup weigh less jelly and 1 cup Ultramel lite custard
Fresh steamed veggies or salad with any 2 pieces fish or chicken (no peas, corn or butternut) + 1 cup skim milk with 3 teaspoons Highlight Cadbury’s hot chocolate
2 Pieces grilled steak + portion of oven baked chips or 2 bread rolls with tomato sauce and a small green salad with light dressing or broccoli and carrots lightly steamed till aldante (the knife must just be able to go into the carrot, so still crunchy)
2 Grilled oven fish fillet (if with crumbed then no oven chips) + oven baked chips with tomato sauce and green salad with low oil dressing
Snack between 9:00 – 11:00pm
250ml fat free yoghurt + 1 tbsOmega 3 enrich Trojan Warrior peanut butter or
2 corn thinz + 2 tbs Omega 3 enriched Trojan Warrior peanut butter or
½ packet flavored rice cakes + 250ml fat free cottage cheese or
1 canderel chocolate with de-caf coffee or tea, milk + sweetener
(submitted 2 years ago)